Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever use Wix for a website

Looking for positive / negative experiences with wix. I own my domain. I tried to build my own website, it didn`t work out. I went through namecheap and the open source software crashed my pc. I like the wix concept. I just want a basic website to show my prices and pics of some of my work.

I`ve exhausted all options of finding someone I trust to trade detail/maintenance work for a decent site built.

Wix seems like a decent option for the $ I`m willing to invest in a website.

Suggestions welcomed
    Thanks.

-Brandt K.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone ever use Wix for a website

Jen uses go daddy for her stuff. Sorry

Facials|Sugar Me Spa - Sarasota, Fl
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Jen uses go daddy for her stuff. Sorry

Facials|Sugar Me Spa - Sarasota, Fl
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I guess i will take a look at go daddy then

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Snappages. It`s easy to use...and cheap(Like 8 bucks a month?) and I paid $25 for my domain.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at Weebly and Yola also.

Post Thanks / Like

Wix has less seo abilities then wordpress if your trying to rank in search engines. Wordpress is also more powerful/flexible. It has great social integration if you end up needing it, great photo management including plugins to reduce file size and make pages load quicker. If you ever hire a pro they will use wordpress more then likely. If you develop a large site on weebly or wix you will not have the ability to transfer the entire site to a new platform. You would have to cut and paste all the content.
    Likes 512detail, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

wow. didn`t know that.. thanks for the heads up

wix is sounding like the worst option so far

that is why I asked- last web designer screwed me over and stole my .com and ended up crashing my site

Brandt K.
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wix is amazing. See my website in my signature. I use wix. What you see is what you get. Very easy to do. They do have tutorials for help with SEO and make it very easy to understand and do. I had no trouble getting my name up to the top in google searches.

Post Thanks / Like

I should add, go easy on me if you`re looking at it in mobile format, I literally just published it finally and haven`t optimized anything at all for mobile yet. Still working on that part

Post Thanks / Like

my seo is ok..i mean..there is like zero competition in my area..you can still find me pretty easily if you search for detaling or whatever in kyle tx

at least last time I checked - 2 mins ago

auto detail in kyle tx on bing: top of list
    google: 2nd

this is from seo me and the ex set up 3 years ago

yes, I could do MUCH better but I don`t need my phone to ring a whole lot more. I really just want to showcase my work for those people who DONT call b/c I don`t have prices/website up

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Wash,Polish, and sealant for$100. Damn I might send my customers to you and make mad profits. Lol. That service takes me 3-6 hours depending on the car. I don`t know your area or skill level, but for a mobile polish/seal I would expect at least 200. Other than that the website looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Wow. Wash,Polish, and sealant for$100. Damn I might send my customers to you and make mad profits. Lol. That service takes me 3-6 hours depending on the car. I don`t know your area or skill level, but for a mobile polish/seal I would expect at least 200. Other than that the website looks good.
    Its to be competitive with shops in my area. It by no means is what anyone would consider paint correction. 90% of the time the process is HD Speed with a cutting pad on my rupes 21 with 3 quick section passes before moving on. Goal is to just up the gloss a little and leave some protection. Still working on figuring out how to effectively correct paint mobile, but those services will be based on $50/hr. All my other prices are based on $25/hr.

Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

My input, based on 15+ years of online marketing in various roles (design/front end development/project management):
    - Wix, Weebly and Squarespace are all of similar nature; easy to use as everything is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) drag-and-drop functionality. Depending on your site needs, this is the quickest and easiest solution. In fact, I have a temporary site parked on Weebly until we get things built out on another platform. Also low-cost. Not 100% sure about Squarespace and Wix, but Weebly does actually allow access to HTML and CSS files if you have a developer who knows what they`re doing. Otherwise, don`t mess with the templates.
    - Wordpress is my platform of choice, as it is for millions and millions of other website owners. It`s robust and there`s an endless number of plugins, themes, etc that you can use to your heart`s content. Also pretty low cost (I think around ~$11/month for hosting if you have already registered your domain). But there`s a steeper learning curve with Wordpress. Nothing that you prob can`t learn by watching Youtube vids, but something to consider, esp if you`re not the technical type.
    - Stay away from GoDaddy web hosting. That pretty much sums it up
    Cleaning the world, one car at a time...
    www.mobiledetailingminneapolis.com
    2007 Mercedes C230k
    2012 Toyota Taco

Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and one separate but related thing. For anyone who ever needs to register a domain, do a quick search for Godaddy and Namecheap coupons online. Someone posted they bought a domain for $25, you can pretty much always find coupons for $1 Godaddy and $8-9 Namecheap domains for the first year. Just a tip to save a few sheckles...

OP - might I inquire how your old web guy stole your .com domain? If you were the one who bought the domain, you should technically still be listed as the `Registrant` (aka Owner) of that domain. If you go to Whois Lookup, Domain Availability & IP Search - DomainTools and type in yourdomain.com, it should show you the WHOIS record. If you`re listed as the Registrant, you can get it back.
    Cleaning the world, one car at a time...
    www.mobiledetailingminneapolis.com
    2007 Mercedes C230k
    2012 Toyota Taco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information