Post Thanks / Like

best way to get business?

HI everyone! I run a p/t detailing business here in the Pittsburgh area. Not a lot of money to work with in terms of buying new equipment, but what I ahve is ok for now. This is my problem: My garage which I rent ( at an absurdly low amount!), is not on a main street. Rather, it is in a residential area in an alley. I feel that If my garage were on the main road I would get WAY more business just by people seeing that I was there. But not being seen is a big problem for me. (also I believe that people think I`m just an amatuer being in this garage) .
    Don`t do much advertising now; flyers don`t seem to do much, but my first flyer was way overcrowded with info, and people threw them away without reading them I think!! Has anyone every advertised in the local papers (pennysaver, etc) with any luck?

Thanks everyone in advance for any kind words of advice
    God Bless.
    Mark

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best way to get business?

I`ve got a bit of advice here on my website that I use to get business. I do this very much part time with zero dollars set aside for advertising, so some of my methods might work well for you too.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    I`ve got a bit of advice here on my website that I use to get business. I do this very much part time with zero dollars set aside for advertising, so some of my methods might work well for you too.

I tried your method & landed on a full detail monday morning. I did chrage theguy 150$ for 5 hour job, Im sure it is quite low. but doing the math i landed making 30$ an hour. Im content but will try getting more for my quality Arsenal i have.

I only washed, Polishes, glazed, wax & dressed his interior & wheels. :smile

Post Thanks / Like

i do mobile detailing but i when i first started i did something that helped me out. i looked in the local phone book and made a list of business`s with address`s. i made up a flyer and sent to all the business`s. it cost me about $30. The next week i had at least three jobs a day and it has keep coming from word of mouth. just an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

This a flyer I use, print it on a 4x6 glossy photo card. Works great for me.

And this is on the reverse side. Just starting prices, # and website

Print them here at home and save $$$.

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there are hundreds of things you can do. Too bad your location is not the ideal, but once you get rolling and develop a clientele you can upgrade to a more suitable location. Thought I would pass on an idea to you:
    We go to dealerships(large and small) and rental car agencies with gift certificates(professionally done) and informative brochure of our services to drum up business. On the gift certificate we write 2 complete details for the price of one, expires within a month and that both cars must be delivered together. Works very well for us. We typically charge $100-140 for wholesale details and they can`t pass up the chance to have two cars done for $50-70 each. Most dealers charge ~$150 in house. Of course they are going to send their worse, so hope you are up to the challenge.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of SA`s postcard. It`s not too simple that everyone will disregard it and throw it away, but it`s not too pushy or glamorous. It spills out all the info you need, nothing more, and it`s easy (almost entertaining) to read. That`s a flyer someone will want to keep around the house and refer to when they need their car cleaned.

Gotta give him props for this despite his arrogance and the flack he got.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Thread Information