Thread: Website Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Website Ideas?

I was wondring if I can get some people to give me some feedback on my website? I know we have some things to fix (ie the banner was made the wrong size and needs to be done again) .

www.platinumtouch.ca

Thanks
    James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website Ideas?

The basics look good, there is some fine tuning to do (mainly adjusting things so they fit in their margins)
    The few things I did notice was that the polls don`t seen to fit you color scheme (I don`t know if you can change them), and do you think that is wise to have a "set" price for your service without seeing the vehicle instead of stating "prices starting at... " Seeing a price might even deter someone from calling just because they think that it`s too high.

JMHO
    God luck
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    The basics look good, there is some fine tuning to do (mainly adjusting things so they fit in their margins)
    The few things I did notice was that the polls don`t seen to fit you color scheme (I don`t know if you can change them), and do you think that is wise to have a "set" price for your service without seeing the vehicle instead of stating "prices starting at... " Seeing a price might even deter someone from calling just because they think that it`s too high.

JMHO
    God luck
    "J"
    I have "Prices may vary according to the size and condition of your vehicle" at the bottom but maybe it doesn`t stand out enough. As far as having the prices I really wanted them there because that is my biggest problem with websites. I want to know the cost. It allows people to find out the cost after hours and so on.

For the poeple that think that the prices are too high. My shop might not be the one for them in that case. Sometimes I feel I`m priced to low because of the time we will put into a car. I really need the business but I`m tired of working for nothing.

One thing I was thinking about doing is adding options to the Platinum Clean. We do this on the phone for people that have needs that are not met by the Platinum Clean and they can`t afford or don`t really need a Platinum Interior. We have added an extra cost for just extracting the seats or a stain on the floor and so on. I going to add this so poeple can maybe make thier own package that fits thier needs and budget. Any thoughts on that? BTW

I`ll have to check on the polls to see if I can change the colors or not. As you can see they are from another site so I can`t remember what I can change on them. I`m not even sure how much longer I will leave them on there.

Thanks for feedback.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Flexin! Do you do your own web work? If you do...AWESOME! It`s a process that is meticulous, tedious, and time consuming...kind of like detailing a car, b/c in the end it`s so rewarding to see the job you`ve completed.

If not, or if you`d be interested in doing any outsourcing..it`s what I do.
    I`m a self-startup and have about 10 businesses that I design for and continue to work with. Check out my website http://www.opshift.com

I`d love to help out anyone on thise board reach their max web potential. Of course, friendly discounts are available since this board has helped me out so much in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother designed it. I do the work on it. He is going to redo a lot of it soon. I love being able to work on it. We had a customer call and asked why her boyfriends car wasn`t on the site yet (hers is on there). When I heard my partner talking to her I told him to stall her and ran to the computer. I was back in a minute and then he said what do you mean its not on there. Check again.

But its good that I can add and delete things if I need to and in a hurry. It makes my life easy (when its working right).

I`ll check out your site.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It definitely needs to narrow down a bit. Having to scroll one way or the other is not something that any website should require. I`m in the process of redesigning mine too. I`m going from a full screen format to one that is a little more narrow. I`m going to have to break the articles up into multiple pages, but that is ok with me. It needs to be done. Loads of work though. I would recommend deciding on what you want it to look like before you get too far into redesigning or adding more information. Changing a site after you have already developed several pages with pictures and text can be a huge pain. I`ve been working on mine for 6 months now and I`ve only got 3 or 4 pages done.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin
    My brother designed it. I do the work on it. He is going to redo a lot of it soon. I love being able to work on it. We had a customer call and asked why her boyfriends car wasn`t on the site yet (hers is on there). When I heard my partner talking to her I told him to stall her and ran to the computer. I was back in a minute and then he said what do you mean its not on there. Check again.

But its good that I can add and delete things if I need to and in a hurry. It makes my life easy (when its working right).

I`ll check out your site.

James

Sweet. It`s always the best for a small business owner to do it "in house" as long as they have the skills and time....it`s all about the time (I bet you can vouch for that one). The scenario you refer to of instant modifications is one of the coolest things about a website that you maintain yourself. I love when a client calls and says, "Can add a picture or a new page that ......" and I say, "Are you at your computer? Check it out...I just put it there." They think I`m Gandolph or something with all these magic powers. It`s really a lot of fun. And like you mention, websites are about "ease and work." They are the best easy marketing, but only when they look and work as well the company they represent (somethimes even better :O) ). Keep doin your thing with it James, but if you should ever decide to come aboard, I usually work with a 1-week turnaround once all information is gathered.
    Cheers! -- Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    It definitely needs to narrow down a bit. Having to scroll one way or the other is not something that any website should require. I`m in the process of redesigning mine too. I`m going from a full screen format to one that is a little more narrow. I`m going to have to break the articles up into multiple pages, but that is ok with me. It needs to be done. Loads of work though. I would recommend deciding on what you want it to look like before you get too far into redesigning or adding more information. Changing a site after you have already developed several pages with pictures and text can be a huge pain. I`ve been working on mine for 6 months now and I`ve only got 3 or 4 pages done.
    I like your narrow version a lot more. Did you design the layout and menu? Looks really sharp! Keep up the good work!

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellow Maritimer. I`m in Charlottetown.
    In many ways your website is far superior to mine (www.peidetail.ca), especially the front page, mine sucks. But your testimonials probably should have testimonials, and your show room pictures of cars, not keychains (which is products). Perhaps having google maps as a remote site is a good idea.
    Your prices seem low in some areas. $50 for a wash/dry and 2 step sealant (unless the two steps are "wax on, wax off") is pretty cheap.
    Also, your logo pic is a little pixelized.
    b
    Brenton Dickieson

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MachB5
    I like your narrow version a lot more. Did you design the layout and menu? Looks really sharp! Keep up the good work!
    I had some help in setting up the template for the narrow one, but other than that it is my design. Reformatting the articles into that narrow column has been the challenging part so far.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    In many ways your website is far superior to mine (www.peidetail.ca), especially the front page, mine sucks. But your testimonials probably should have testimonials, and your show room pictures of cars, not keychains (which is products). Perhaps having google maps as a remote site is a good idea.
    Your prices seem low in some areas. $50 for a wash/dry and 2 step sealant (unless the two steps are "wax on, wax off") is pretty cheap.
    b
    Thanks for pointing that out. It`s was priced at 59.95 but I entered it wrong. BTW thats for Klass. What does everyone else thing of Klass with a wash/dry for $60. Is that to low? The testimonials are coming. The reason the products are under showroom on the site is because thats where they are sold at the shop. I`ll have to look at that one more. Well I`m off to fix a price. Thanks.

James

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like

Price is fixed for now. Thanks.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    b

The logo was kinda rushed. I needed the site ready yesterday and my brother had to get it done quick for me. That was when we first opened. We have a better image now and I hope to have that redone in the next week or so.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman

My brother is in the process of building his own company website at the moment which is using the narrow format I believe. He now has ideas for mine and wants to redo mine after he gets his up.

James
    Platinum Touch Auto Care

Thread Information