Post Thanks / Like
    I have a detail oppurtunity ahead of me. It is a van that is badly oxidized. The roof almosst looks white it has so much oxidation. My friend had asked me if I could remove a long scratch on the side of the vehicle. I did and he was so impressed that he offered me $250.oo to do the whole vehicle.

I will be using the complete line of Poorboy`s products to do the detail. I also have menzerna power gloss. I will be using a rotary and appropriate pads for each product.

Here is my question: Would i help my self in this detail by using Klasse AIO to chemically reduce the oxidation before i start with the rotary and the appropriate pads?

When I worked on the scratch that I previously mentioned I noticed a lot of red building up on the pad. I was thinking that Klasse AIO would help take off some of the oxidation and thus help with the oxidation build up that I know will be forth coming. Since I am in Alaska I only brought a small assortment of pads. Was hoping that this would help me thru the detail rather than stopping to clean the pads from the build that i have already experience when doing the scratch..

I plan on starting this detail in a few weeks. I am working full time now so the effort will be done on Sunday`s. Taking at least three different weekends to get it done. Any comments or helpful hints would be appreciated in preparation for this detail. Hopefully the results of the detail will be appropriate for the click and brag.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    The AIO before the rest of the steps will probably help. I am assuming you are going to apply the AIO by hand. Your pads are still going to load up during the machine polishing step. If anything you will get a smoother finish in the end.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    You should let this customer know that what do will only last if he keeps up on the detail. Think of what your doing as applying makeup to fix up that ugly truck , if you let the makeup go its back to what you started with .

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably have it Bass ackwards, but I would use the AIO last, as an enhancement to the "abrasive therapy", a kind of finishing off of the abrasives. Since you have the consideration of the limited amount of pads, I would suggest that you proceed as you planned, AIO first, but after using the polish, repeat the AIO application. IMHO, the AIO finishing application will further refine your polish smoothness.
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks....brwill2005, Rollman, and Mochamanz !!!

You comments are greatly appreciated. You all affirmed what i had already suspected. Was just throwing it out to see what would come of it.

The vheicle is actually in pretty good shape. It is clean inside and out. My friend just never did anything but wash the vehicle. It is outside 24/7 for the last ten years that he has woned the vehicle.

Since i have the time i think that i will try the suggestion of using AIO between each process.

Thanks for responding...I was beginning to wonder if anyone would.
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you look here http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...2&pagenumber=1 this car was badly oxidised and I used AIO as the final layer before LSP. Should work for you too, simply replace #83 and 80 in my detail with SSR equivalents in your case. Use AIO to finish, and then whatever you choose to top it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Axe, that was quite a detail. Thanks for the Advice.

I will take some pictures while I am doing the work on the vehicle.

Have had to rearrange my schedule. So I will be starting this project this weekend. Will post some pictures on this thread for the before pictures. The whole thing will not be done for a month because of other commitments.
    cwcad

Thread Information