Post Thanks / Like
    Ok tonite I washed, and clayed everything, now its gonna need another wash from all the clay residue left.

I plan on this after the wash

Meguiars #80 w/ white polish pad

AIO x`s 2 w/ grey finising pad

Klasse SG w/ hand

NXT x2 w/ hand

What kind of rpms should I run on the first two steps with my 7424? Also do you work the #80 and AIO in with pc until it hazes then let sit? Or do you wipe right away?

Thanks

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nick,

Good plan but if it were me, I would eliminate the need for AIO twice. #80 followed by AIO once should be good. AIO has very mild cleaning ability but yet leaves a base for SG and or other products you want to use. So if you use AIO twice I think it`s a waste of time and product because you will only be cleaning more and more and keep applying a new base which is unnecessary.

SGx2 sounds cool too. I don`t think I would top SG with NXT because NXT too has cleaning ability and would probably strip off the majority if not all the SG. Don`t work #80 until it`s dry. Buff it a for a few minutes on the PC, then wipe away. So the plan here again, this is only my opinion, goes alittle something like this.

#80 white polishing pad

AIO once with grey finishing pad

SGx2 or NXTx2

As far speed on the PC goes. About 4 with AIO should do the trick and about 5 with #80. Good luck and hope it turns out good for you:xyxthumbs AR

Post Thanks / Like
    For something like #80, I like speed 5. For #80, you work it in until there is a very thin film left (that is still wet) and then remove.

I would probably use speed 4 for AIO. For your use, you would only need to apply it, and then remove once it is hazed (or whatever the dirrections say).

For the last waxing steps, I would put a 24 hour break after the coat of SG and for each layer of NXT, to let each coat cure.

I hope this helps

Thread Information