Thread: tight spaces

Post Thanks / Like
    before you people flame me about searching as yall love to do

I ALREADY SEARCHED

and didnt find what i was looking for

i wanna know how i get the PC into tight places such as light holes on bumpers and under spoilers

ive watched the meguires videos and they make it clear to NEVER USE THE EDGES

so how is this possible without using the edges of the pads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well under spoilers the only thing I have ever done was used a foam app. by hand. as far as light holes and stuff, either do it by hand or just tilt the pc. But don`t apply pressure. I would never use the edge of a rotary pad because it would generate way too much heat but tilting a PC is fine, I do it also to get to strange places or shapes on a cars bumper.
    If other drivers don`t swerve when they see the shine of your car, your not done yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    alright thanks for the speedy reply thats what i was thinking but this is my first time owning a PC so i didnt wanna go and mess anything up i know PC is almost harmless though compared to rotary

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome, ya know just tilt it a little so part of the pad is touching that still has product on it and your all set. After you use it a couple times it will gradually start to become second nature. Good luck, have fun, and hide your check book cause after the PC is when you really start spendin lol:p
    If other drivers don`t swerve when they see the shine of your car, your not done yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    hide my mom and dads check book ive layed 200 down in a week for the pc pads and polishes

just the tip of the ice berg

right now im just getting enough product so i can do about a car a week i used to do alot by hand and one of my friends did PC polishing but i moved so now im going to do it on my own

im gonna practice on my car and truck and my dads truck i also practiced on my friends RX7 because the paint is going to be all removed and resprayed so it was ok if i messed up

after im done with all this i plan to start detailing friends cars for money on the side also i rebuild mazda rotary motors so im getting better at detailing engines from cleaning them before resale

anyways i know it will cost alot of money to keep me going but i figure that i can detail a car once a week and do pretty decent as i dont have any expenses

Post Thanks / Like
    EnduroExpertFSR- You *can* use the edge of the pad with a PC, just use a little common sense and you`ll be fine. When I need to get into spots like those you mentioned, I generally use a *larger* pad, not a smaller one. I`ll force/deform the pad into the area in question, or use the edge of the pad, or the section that overhangs from the body of the machine. With some styles of pads you can even do some polishing with the *back side* of the pad.

Sometimes you just have to do some spots by hand, but generally if you can get a portion of the PC`s pad to touch it somehow, you can get decent results.

The PC is *so* mild that using the edge and other :nono techniques really aren`t all that :nono But as I said, use common sense and remember that the paint on raised edges and corners is thinner than normal.

Oh, and when working stuff like the bottom lips of spoilers, try to have the PC`s rotation working *for* you (running "off the edge") rather than against you ("running *into* the edge"). I do all kinds of lower areas by machine. I lie on a creeper and just push myself along, letting the PC do all the awkward work.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i like that creeper idea im sure it saves your back pretty well i might have to try it the main things for me right now i think will come with more practice i just want to make sure im trying my best to practice them properly from the start so i can do quality jobs to peoples cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a question very similar to this one, except in my case it concerned contours on my hood.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=51016

I noticed you live in Lafayette. I am about an hour east of you. I live in Patterson, its near Morgan City. Are you going to the Import Show at No Problem Raceway next Sunday, since you rebuild rotary motors?

Post Thanks / Like
    yep ill be there with all my friends lol and ill be working on a 10th anniversary rx7 in baton rouge all weekend until the show

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool man, my name is Chris. If you want to stop by and say hello I should be with a group of 03+ Hyundai Tiburons.

Post Thanks / Like
    my name is josh aka redneck

ill prolly be around my friend`s supra he is suppose to be running it on the 1/4 mile but if i see a group of tibs ill see if i dont find a chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Deal

Thread Information