Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a new PC7336 at Lowe`s the other day and I`m looking to detail my first car with it very soon. I understand that it`s not advisable to use the included pad that comes with the PC.

My son just finished cleaning up his 1991 Firebird with Meguiar`s Deep Crystal cleaning kit ( paint cleaner, polish and wax kit ) by hand and it looks pretty good. I`d like to try the Meguiar`s System on my 1995 White Saab convertible using the PC .

I`m looking for some pad recommendations and places to purchase them. I already picked up some MF towels and lambswool gloves for the job. I also have a bar of "Mothers" Gold bar clay in case I decide to use it.
    Peter

`87 Porsche 944S,`95 Saab 900S Conv. , `99 Ford E-350 Super Duty, `94 Dodge Caravan

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many good pads out there to choose from. *I* love Meguiars, LC variable, and the edge pads. Sonus pads get good reviews too. Autopia-carcare.com, autogeek.net, topoftheline.com,premiumautocare.com are just a few places to purchase good pads. *I* also stick to using 6 inch pads with the pc. If I was in your shoes I would purchase 1 cutting, 2-3 polishing, and 2 finishing pads to start with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are two kits that come complete with backing plates:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspad-kit.html

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tps-padkit-da.html

And here is another source of good pads where you can also order the backing plate:

http://www.exceldetail.com/excelproductsPC.html

I also agree with Scottabir on the number of pads to get started (1 cutting, 2-3 polishing, and 2 finishing). I also use and like the Meg`s pads but don`t have a link to a set, but you can order them from Meg`s or perhaps find them locally.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    i too just got the 7336 for xmas...i just ordered ths sonus das kit from autopia cant wait to use...i just need to buy extra pads cause each pad will be for each product

Post Thanks / Like
    Web Docta- If you`re just gonna be using the Meg`s 3-step products for now, there`s no need to get a cutting pad as those products are basically nonabrasive.

Much as I like the Meg`s pads, they`re *really* designed for rotary use and the velcro can fail when used with a PC (due to the different, more lateral, stress). It`s not a big enough problem to dissuade me from using them, but it`s something to be aware of.

Thread Information