Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I want to get a PC 7424 Dont know much about them.

Where is the cheapest place to buy it.

What will i need with it what kind of pads, backing plate, how many?

The products i plan to use it with are

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

poorboy`s ssr 2.5

poorboy`s ssr 1

and some kind of polish maybe poorboys`s polish

I need some help with this please.

Post Thanks / Like
    First, welcome aboard. It`s always great to see new detailers on the board.

Okay, for the PC, I recommend the Sonus DAS Polisher Kit found here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html I like it because it comes with everything you need. PC, Sonus DAS Pad Kit which in my opinion is the best pad kit available, backing plate, and mf bonnets. You may want to get one more additional green and blue polishing pad since these are going to be your workhorses but other than that you should do good.

Your product choice is very good. What color car are you planning on using this for? If it`s a metallic SG will be perfect, but if it`s non-metallic you may want to consider something like Poorboy`s EX or EX-P. EX-P for white or light colored cars and EX for dark cars. It`s up to you though, I just find SG a little user unfriendly for my taste.

You can`t go wrong with AIO. I use it on everything, even my wheels! :up

For polishing, PB`s polishes are up there with the best (SSR`s), and you can even use them in the direct sunlight. Since you are going to have AIO, you really don`t need another PB`s polish.

This about covers your product list, but don`t forget about a good car wash shampoo, wash mitt, and microfiber towels. Good luck!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a light metallic blue honda s2000 thanks forthe reply.

So it will be ok to use the ssr 2.5 and 1 befor the aio and thn go on to the SG. Ineed something more aggresive than AIO becasue I have some swirls that it wont remove. SO i should skip the polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

First, welcome aboard. It`s always great to see new detailers on the board.

Okay, for the PC, I recommend the Sonus DAS Polisher Kit found here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html I like it because it comes with everything you need. PC, Sonus DAS Pad Kit which in my opinion is the best pad kit available, backing plate, and mf bonnets. You may want to get one more additional green and blue polishing pad since these are going to be your workhorses but other than that you should do good.

Your product choice is very good. What color car are you planning on using this for? If it`s a metallic SG will be perfect, but if it`s non-metallic you may want to consider something like Poorboy`s EX or EX-P. EX-P for white or light colored cars and EX for dark cars. It`s up to you though, I just find SG a little user unfriendly for my taste.

You can`t go wrong with AIO. I use it on everything, even my wheels! :up

For polishing, PB`s polishes are up there with the best (SSR`s), and you can even use them in the direct sunlight. Since you are going to have AIO, you really don`t need another PB`s polish.

This about covers your product list, but don`t forget about a good car wash shampoo, wash mitt, and microfiber towels. Good luck!:xyxthumbs

:xyxthumbs

Jason, with every post I think our detailing tastes are more & more alike, :p
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by triumph87

So it will be ok to use the ssr 2.5 and 1 befor the aio and thn go on to the SG. Ineed something more aggresive than AIO becasue I have some swirls that it wont remove. SO i should skip the polish?

SSR 1 and 2.5 are polishes. They are polishes with a light and moderate *cut* to them which means they will repair surface defects like your swirls. The regular polish doesn`t have any cut to it, it`s mostly a cleaner and happens to be very close in makeup to AIO. If you are using SG, which will look excellent on your car you have to use AIO to prep the surface correctly. Here`s the order:

1 - SSR 2.5 with cutting pad

2 - SSR 1 with polishing pad

3 - AIO with polishing pad

4 - SG either applied with finishing pad or by hand

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by triumph87

You don`t mention clay, and that`s an important part of the prep work.

You should get excellent results with the SSRs before the twins. I`d try your problem spots with SSR 1 & a polishing pad then move up to a cutting pad if needed, and move onto SSR 2.5 & a polishing pad then a cutting pad. By attacking the problem areas progressively you are inducing the least amount of marring. If SSR 1 & a polishing pad fixes the swirls you can go on to do the whole car before moving on to Klasse...if you have to get more aggressive there is no point in doing the whole car.

Once you have removed the swirls (and with SSR 2.5 & a cutting pad you can remove all but the most severe) I`d go over the whole car with SSR 1 & the polishing pad. Your surfuce should be well prepped for AIO then SG.

I hope this helps.

***Edit*** I just took it a step further than Jason did in his post. Most folks will do exactly as he described but on my car I typically start as gently as possible and work my way up...depending on the condition of your vehicle you may be better off doing the whole car with SSR 2.5 then SSR 1 than getting rid of the trouble spots then using a light polish.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Thread Information