Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce Hey guys I`m a long time reader first time writer!

I have a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser with a Taupe Frost Metallic paint job. I`ve used only Zaino since I bought it, following all of Sal`s steps, washing weekly, and reapplying every two months.

I have to say, what a shine! It definitely has that `show car look`, but not the wet, deep gloss of a carnauba.

The only complaint I have about Zaino is the dirt and dust it attracts!! I`ve heard all the claims, but trust me- I`ve been experiencing it first hand.

I`m thinking about switching over to Souveran, because I like having a paste wax-gives a piece of mind that I`m actually putting a "layer" on.

Anyways, any advice or experienced wisdom is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a coat on three weeks ago. Not 2hrs later the car was coated in dust. If this is your main consideration for switching I feel you will have a bigger dust problem.

It is a great product, but I believe the carnuba will attract a lot more dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnuba will attract WAY more dust than Zaino (which happens to attract much less than most products on the market, by the way) and it also offers FAR less durability and protection that the Zaino product.

Don`t get me wrong, Souveran is a great carnuba, I use it on some cars, but I think your reasoning is confused.

Souveran will not help your dust situation. Trust me. And the "peace of mind" part makes me think you want to be assured of protection which is not why you choose a carnuba. You can layer Zaino just like a carnuba if that`s what you want.

Now if you just want to experiment with a different look and shine then, by all means, go for it and try Souveran. After several layers it will take on a different shine than Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to this wonderful forum, I`m sure you`ll feel right at home here!

Well, from the sound of your post . . . why not throw some Souveran on top of the Zaino?

You will not be able to put more Zaino on without Dawn washing to get rid of the Souveran, but that won`t strip most of the Zaino if you do it right. I say try both together before picking A or B. Sounds like it could be the perfect thing for you!

Zaino attracting dust? There was a recent thread about this . . . Here it is!. I would think that a carnauba would attract more than Zaino, I have a little model car with Klasse on one half and ZAINO on the other half with Blitz over them on the hood and guess what?

Zaino has the least dust on it, followed by SG, followed by Blitz with the most. This is not a scientific test though, it`s a little red Ferrari F50 .

[edit]Oops, I typed this a while ago without submitting and now people replied . . . sorry if I am repeating anything said above.[/edit]

Post Thanks / Like
    My friends just use turtle wax paste, and rarely wash their cars, but they seem to look pretty clean most of the time.

I spend hours a week keeping my car clean.

I never hear anyone speak of the negatives of using $2.50 Turtle Wax. It beads pretty nicely, too!

Help??:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    well, the reason you don`t hear negatives about TW is that practicaly nobody on this board uses TW!:p

But, in the archives there is a lot to read about TW, there is a thread where they compare all of the available waxes at that time and TW ended nearly first (starting from the opposite site...)

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing Snap-On Tool Box

Has anyone tried polishing snap-on tool boxes. Friend of mine asked me to help clean up some swirls, minor scuffs. The paint is nice, glossy and thick. Tried M205 by hand and did not do much. Afraid to use M105 with either DA or rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I`ve done mine! Even had to wet sand! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1 View Post
    Yes, I`ve done mine! Even had to wet sand! Lol
    I really do not have to wet sand as they are no scratches but rather scuffs. What did you do to yours. The box I am working on is a special edition one.

Thread Information