Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    hi everyone,

yesterday i spent a couple hours going over the entire inside of my car since it was too cold to even think about washing it. I used lexol cleaner then conditioner on all the leather, and vinylex on the dash and other soft rubberized parts inside the car. my question is what do you use on the hard plastic and painted parts inside your car? i`m talking specifically about the controls for the radio, and heating/ac system. i assume vinylex would be OK, but i still have nightmares about the time long ago (way before detailing enlightenment) when i used a product which will not be named on the radio of my acura, and some of the white paint on the buttons started to smear and rub off!

i tried not putting anything on the radio and HVAC controls, but they look dull compared to the rest of the dash. it`s also hard to not get any vinylex on those parts due to the design of my interior (bmw 330ci). For now, i just very lightly dab on the vinylex in the radio area with a terry applicator and wipe with a yosteve MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    If a product going to be sold to consumers, has a petroluem distillate (hydrocarbon solvent) in the product, there must be a warning on the label.

The concern you had with an earlier product must have had an active clorinated solvent present, which is what damaged the items.

Any PDMS, the Vinyltex, 303, Mequiars, Eagle One, Mothers, etc all should be free of distillates.

Just use your present product. If you do not want a high gloss, dilute it down by adding 25% water to the solution.

When done, wipe or buff off any excess to create a dry hard finish.

Ketch:up
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I make it pretty damp with water and add just a little 303, and go over everything, and then buff to a satin shine with a clean towel and wipe off the excess. I was nevous doing it the first time too, expecially on the LCD displays, but it came out great.........

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, thanks for the in-depth explanation, ron! i wish i could remember what it was i used (think it might have been some kind of armor-all product) but it was 9 years ago...but the memory of the smearing white paint is burned into my skull!

DK, i think i`m going to switch to foam for the inside too. i switched to foam only for the exterior last summer. the terry tends to leave little white "pills" around on the carpet, dash, etc...quite annoying to see little white dots on your clean black carpet!

gotta get me some of that 303....

Post Thanks / Like
    DK-

You used 303 on the LCD display? How did that work out for you, dust-wise?

I used Plexus, and although the screen was left looking great at first, it does seem to be a dust magnet at this point. The one thing I really like about 303 is it`s ability to repel dust (at least that`s what my dashboard looks like it`s doing ).

Post Thanks / Like
    303 does seem to repel it somewhat. THE LCD display came out fine using 303 on it. I got some on it by accident at first and then just took the plunge and did the whole thing.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black Magic Dashboard Protectant semi-gloss, sort of a dilute version of 303 found over the counter for about $2.99 that works well on plastic and dashes. It has the PDMS resin and I like it on my buttons as it adds sheen without stickiness. Other than that 303.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like

New Lake Country Polishing System coming soon: The "1 Pad" Finishing System.

Lake Country Mfg has done it again. (We don`t know how many times they have done it, but it seems to be a lot!)

With traditional rotary polishing, only the outer most area of the foam is used. The rest of the foam acts a cushion. The new "1 Pad" Finishing System uses a new, patented Tri-Density backing plate that replaces the traditional foam bad. The backing plate is then covered with various foam "skin`s" of thin polishing foam, to help save cost and deliver a more consistent feel when polishing.

The description that best describes the resulting polishing action is smooth. Gone is the radical difference between hard, stiff foams and the spongy feel of softer finishing pads.

Features and benefits.

-Form fitted pads are self centering

-Tri-Density cushion plate maintains consistent cushion feel ... won?t break down with use like conventional pads

-Full radius design allows user to buff safely on entire pad surface

-1-Pad? uses 65% less material that most conventional pads

-Pad shape allows easy transition from flat to vertical surfaces

For me personally the biggest benefit is the consistent feel and the smooth, almost gyroscopic effect of the backing plate.

The system will be available with the following color`s and levels of cut.

PAC will be one of only two select distributors aimed at bringing this professional system to the consumer and end user.

Coming Soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks promising Todd! Any word on the end user cost saving per pad?

Is this CCS only or will it be offered it flat as well?

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Chad, they are very promising pads and backing plate. Remember this is an estimate pricing for these products: a 3 pack of one color only will be around 20 bucks and the (spaceship) Tri-Density backing plate around 40 bucks. Remember this is a new technology that works! Ask Master Todd! More details coming down the pipeline folks.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool

Looks like they may save on product too with less pad saturation, no?
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Cool

Looks like they may save on product too with less pad saturation, no?
    Looks like it, but Todd can answer that for you.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great..so many times I could have used this in situations!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks pretty incredible, cant wait to test it out!
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great. Just when I thought the polish pad has reached its limits you guys come up with what appears to be a better one.
    How about a small give away in exchange for reviews in order to introduce everyone to this new product? lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information