Thread: Pad Advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Pad Advice.

I was hoping to get some advice. I`m going to go with LC pads. I will be using a PC. I`m just not sure if I should go with the Hi Gloss CCS or Kompressor pads. I`m considering a combination of the two. I like the constant pressure and the thickness of the Hi Gloss. I hear great things about the Hi-Gloss CCS. I like the new features of the Kompressor`s. Has anyone used the Kompressor`s?

TOGWT
    See post by TH0001-http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=791&highlight=foam+pads

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are asking from an official response, that thread covers the primary differences in design.

The truth is that the pad that is going to give you best results is going be the pad you are most comfortable using. On a personal level, 90% of the time I am using a variation of our High-Gloss pads by Lake Country.

When I first started polishing with a rotary, I used mainly 7.5 inch Lake Country Pads. I didn`t know it at the time, because I didn`t had purchased the pads at different site, not PAC, but these pads actually used a lower quality white and orange foam in this size.

This site only sells the high quality foam with their 6.5 inch pads, so I switched to that style and have become very comfortable with those types of pads on a rotary. I discovered the Hi-Gloss pads after I had been using the other pads for a long time. The other pads are similar in style and price but had a couple of draw backs. One, they have a sharp edge, which can increase the risk of damage to the paint and holograms. The backing Velcro material covers the entire back of the pads which means that if you rub against anything, you can instantly burn it. Also, I found the Constant Pressure foam to really make these pads a joy to use.

So the Hi Gloss Pads, on every level, are superior to previous pads I had learned to buff on. I am so comfortable with these amazing pads that I have a hard time using anything else. I should add that I have begun to use the 7.5 inch Hi-Gloss pads more as well. The reason? Because Proper Auto Care offers the highest quality foam in this size as well, unlike some others.

The Kompressor pads have a different feel, not better, not worse, but different. I will use them on occasion to change it up (and the Orange Kompressor is pretty amazing) but I am Hi Gloss kinda guy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used a lot of pads. Mostly Meg`s, LC and Ive even tried the buff and shine pads. I was happy with the Meg`s 1.0 pads and throught they did a decent job.

Next pads I bought were the LC OEM flat pads. The orange pads were solid, they were ok.

I tried the LC CCS pads from another company. I found them to be absolute garbage. I actually used them on my boat and wont let them touch a car.

Then I picked up some Meg`s Solo foam pads. I think they work very well.

From there I tried the Meg`s Soft Buff 2.0 pads. They were pretty good as well. The only thing I did not like was the black pad would "shed" and leave tiny pieces of foam on the surface while buffing.

Next pad I tried was the white Kompressor pad. I was at RickRack`s shop and he had a few he was trying. He tossed one my and said give it a shot. I found it to work fairly well. I still think they are "weird"

After all these pads I found the Flat pads from PAC. They are unreal. I am VERY VERY happy with them. I use both the 4 inch and 6.5 with the rotary, flex and pc. I will continue to use these for as long as they are available. I have been really tempted to try the gold pads.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite foam pads are the LC CCS Hi Gloss 6.5" & 4" pads and the LC Flat 6.5" & 4" pads. Remember these pads are only exclusive to PAC and they use finest foam around in them and the special cut on the edges too.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    I`ve used a lot of pads. Mostly Meg`s, LC and Ive even tried the buff and shine pads. I was happy with the Meg`s 1.0 pads and throught they did a decent job.

Next pads I bought were the LC OEM flat pads. The orange pads were solid, they were ok.

I tried the LC CCS pads from another company. I found them to be absolute garbage. I actually used them on my boat and wont let them touch a car.

Then I picked up some Meg`s Solo foam pads. I think they work very well.

From there I tried the Meg`s Soft Buff 2.0 pads. They were pretty good as well. The only thing I did not like was the black pad would "shed" and leave tiny pieces of foam on the surface while buffing.

Next pad I tried was the white Kompressor pad. I was at RickRack`s shop and he had a few he was trying. He tossed one my and said give it a shot. I found it to work fairly well. I still think they are "weird"

After all these pads I found the Flat pads from PAC. They are unreal. I am VERY VERY happy with them. I use both the 4 inch and 6.5 with the rotary, flex and pc. I will continue to use these for as long as they are available. I have been really tempted to try the gold pads.
    Thanks for the compliments on the pads, and I agree. The Hi Gloss pads are fully maxed out and feature the same high quality foam regardless of the size or style. They are my favorite pads (the Classic Flat Hi Gloss) by a margin, although I really like the Megs Softbuff 2.0 pads as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was wondering if you should even consider the Kompressor pad since he is using a Pc and should sway away from a larger pad ??
    Adam

Thread Information