Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd,
    Any idea when the full KBM papaa is coming owwwt?

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513 View Post
    Todd,
    Any idea when the full KBM paper is coming owt?
    As a suggestion I would combine Todd`s instruction`s with a product (M105) primed pad.

As it would seem there are unknown reason`s for the delay in the publication of this paper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BLK45 for your honest opinion. Again, I`m not quite sold on Megs and will stay with Menzerna. No need to keep wasting money to experiment on new products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggie31 View Post
    Thanks BLK45 for your honest opinion. Again, I`m not quite sold on Megs and will stay with Menzerna. No need to keep wasting money to experiment on new products.
    Actually, I think experimenting on new products is one of the fun aspects of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

105 + something beside 205?

Ok if I use 105 to compound I can use any other final polish afterward not especially 205 - any good combos you guys have tried and liked?
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egoXtension View Post
    Ok if I use 105 to compound I can use any other final polish afterward not especially 205 - any good combos you guys have tried and liked?
    You can use any polish you want to in my opinion. 105 and 205 have no chemical connection but 205 is an awesome polish. Pretty strong too I might add. It can remove some serious defects and finish out nice. I`m using it a lot more than 105 over the last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Kits for sale ...but no paper?????

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on the paper late at night when I am able to.

The text of the paper is basically done.
    It gets lightly modified as I add in graphics (the original twenty page document used only four graphics).

The new diagrams/graphics are pretty much done, too.

I still need to take about six more pictures, and throw borders around them.
    I need to place the six pictures in the appropriate positions in the paper, as well as the other six that are already done.

I have a few areas that I have seemed to confuse myself!
    With so many changes and with so much passage of time, I must go through and reread then reposition several areas (I have moved the "random orbital discussion" section from the end of the paper to the beginning, and added approximately 15 graphics to that section).

After all that is done, the trio of guys will read it and recommend changes and offer opinions. After all the input has been considered, I will make the necessary changes. Then, Dasher and I will get the .pdf placed so it can be downloaded, and the final pages will be turned into .jpg`s and loaded on a new thread on the various sites.

Best thing I can offer is this: it is a good paper, but much of the information is already out and about. This is not a magic bullet, and from the input I am receiving, it is not that easy of a read. It is thorough, but many of the graphics take some effort to understand.

So,if you are a beginner hoping to rival the guys that rotary polish immediately after reading the paper, you will likely be disappointed. In general, you should use the Meguiar`s recommended procedure when applying M105 with the random orbital until you have plateaued the performance you are experiencing. Only then should you consider using this alternate method (at your own risk!).

However, if you want to REALLY know how and why I think things work when using a random orbital, you will likely enjoy the read.

So, I will post the number of pages I have finished (ready to go to the trio of proofreaders). Best guess- there will probably be 30-35 pages total.

As of tonight... 10 are ready for proofing!
    I will post tomorrow on this thread the new total. Wish me luck!
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Kevin! Thanks for the update and all of your hard work. :thumbup:

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some fine tuning of four graphics board for pages 11 & 12.
    These already have 100+ hours in them so not much is needed.
    There is very little text on 11 & 12 because the graphics are big.

Still at 10 pages ready for proofing.
    Kevin Brown

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add to Eric`s comments by saying thanks for such a huge effort. Good things take time and I appreciate you making sure it`s right before posting.

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pages 11 & 12 ready for proofing.
    Quite a bit of fine tuning... more than I thought they needed initially!
    Kevin Brown

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use any polish you want to in my opinion. 105 and 205 have no chemical connection but 205 is an awesome polish. Pretty strong too I might add. It can remove some serious defects and finish out nice. I`m using it a lot more than 105 over the last week.
    When I made my first purchase of these products I bought 105 stand-alone without purchasing 205. When I finally broke down and bought the 205, I was amazed at it`s versatility. Even though it is a fine polish and not a compound, many times it will do the job without going to the heavy cut compound. Great product!:wink:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    When I made my first purchase of these products I bought 105 stand-alone without purchasing 205. When I finally broke down and bought the 205, I was amazed at it`s versatility. Even though it is a fine polish and not a compound, many times it will do the job without going to the heavy cut compound. Great product!:wink:
    I`m actually finding myself using 205 more (a lot) than 105. There is no dusting, easier to remove, and when you need just a 75% correction done fast, nothing is better to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m actually finding myself using 205 more (a lot) than 105. There is no dusting, easier to remove, and when you need just a 75% correction done fast, nothing is better to use.
    True. At first, I was skeptical because, according to the label graphic, it wasn`t supposed to have much cutting power. But now, after using it on a few vehicles, I find it to be the perfect light swirl remover!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information