Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Todd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on all of the discussion and charts, can I assume it would be ill-advised to use a yellow CCS pad with Intensive Polish? It`s not on the chart, but it is the only more aggressive pad I have past the orange CCS. The orange CCS with the Intensive Polish doesn`t seem to do much on my 2008 Infiniti M45, which has a sticker on the underside of the hood claiming a "hard clear coat"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyM45S View Post
    Based on all of the discussion and charts, can I assume it would be ill-advised to use a yellow CCS pad with Intensive Polish? It`s not on the chart, but it is the only more aggressive pad I have past the orange CCS. The orange CCS with the Intensive Polish doesn`t seem to do much on my 2008 Infiniti M45, which has a sticker on the underside of the hood claiming a "hard clear coat"
    Proper Auto Care generally cautions against the use of a cutting pad, such as the yellow foam pad, on a dual action polisher. The aggressive nature of the pad can cause a `compounding haze` on the surface, which will temporarily dull the surface. This haze is normal, and experienced paint polishers usually don`t bat an eye at it this. However for first time polishers, this can be an uneasy feeling.

So if you are using a dual action polisher, keep in mind that stepping up to a cutting pad often adds an additional step of polishing to remove the hazing before final polishing. Again not a big deal, but often unsettling.

As far as the specific combination regarding using a yellow pad with Menzerna Intensive Polish, it shouldn`t be a problem. Intensive Polish is a more dry polish so it may dust a little more, but it could be just what you need to get the swirls out of the tough clear coat. Keep in mind that it may require you do go back over paint with Intensive Polish on either a white or orange pad to remove the `haze` before final polishing.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Todd. I feel comfortable in dealing with the haze, but I appreciate the heads up on keeping with the Intensive Polish for a second round. I would have likely tried going to the FPII with a white pad. Here`s my plan of attack...let me know if you see a problem. Of course a wash and clay would come before this.

- Intensive Polish with Yellow Pad
    - Int. Polish with White Pad
    - FPII on a Green Pad

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of the best write ups I have seen in a long time. I was somewhat confused by all the numbers that Menzerna uses but this really clears it up for me! Thanks so much for this information. I know I will be refering to it often!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyM45S View Post
    Thanks Todd. I feel comfortable in dealing with the haze, but I appreciate the heads up on keeping with the Intensive Polish for a second round. I would have likely tried going to the FPII with a white pad. Here`s my plan of attack...let me know if you see a problem. Of course a wash and clay would come before this.

- Intensive Polish with Yellow Pad
    - Int. Polish with White Pad
    - FPII on a Green Pad
    How do I not see these?????

Yes your process seems spot on. If I don`t respond and you guys need an anwser shoot me a PM. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have to admit that the graphs are great however, I`m a little bit confused. In the charts I see the white pads have a high scale in detailing over the green pads yet, the green pads are suppose to be more detailing aggressive then the white pads. How can this be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggie31 View Post
    I`ll have to admit that the graphs are great however, I`m a little bit confused. In the charts I see the white pads have a high scale in detailing over the green pads yet, the green pads are suppose to be more detailing aggressive then the white pads. How can this be?
    The green pads sold by Proper Auto Care are different then the coarse lighting cutting foam sold by other places. It is a unique European blend that is really a cool foam, esp. when with a nice moderate polish like Menzerna SIP or PowerFinish, as well as Meguiars M205

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Hey. FMJ, can`t get no loving here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very clever charts Todd, they look great and are easy to understand.
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there are, and only here at TID!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great graphics, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Great graphics, thank you!
    Your welcome CEE DOG. It is nice to see you posting over here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    how bout you guys do a tour where you go all over the country and folks pay a certain amount to have there cars detailed by you at a hosts house and folks in area can come over and watch what you do... kind of instructional meet and greet.
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes........a great idea ! Mobile School ! Do it !! :Car smiley:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes........a great idea ! Mobile School ! Do it !! :Car smiley:

Sounds good to me. Any ideas what areas we could travel to?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information