Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Bauer 21mm polisher

I bought a 21mm Bauer polisher for doing my truck. This thing is way more powerful than the PC. It is a little bit more tricky to work with compared to the shorter throw PC. The thing I noticed is that pads tend to grab more with the longer throw. I did my truck with the Bauer yellow polishing pad (sold separately) not the one included with the polisher. For some odd reason the yellow pad with the polisher was hard to maneuver and it wanted to jump and skip. The yellow Bauer polishing pad sold separately didn`t have have this issue. I mostly used speed 5 with Griots yellow bottle polish. I used this polish because the truck was pretty heavily swirled. Finished out good enough on red and the paint gleamed.

This isn`t a pro machine and if you were going to use it on a weakly basis, I`d probably suggest a Griots unit. But for a couple times a year usage, this thing rocks. I`m probably going to relegate the PC to use with 4 inch pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bauer 21mm polisher

Ah, once again something from HF proves satisfactory
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, once again something from HF proves satisfactory
    Yea I like harbor freight stuff. I don’t get all the hate and low blows towards HF. Most people cannot buy a Milwaukee, makita, Dewalt or festool for every tool they own they would need a second job. HF makes sense good to know the Bauer 21 is decent how much did it cost if u don’t mind me asking.

Post Thanks / Like

If buying HF stuff, I`d try to wait until it`s on sale. Their "House Brands" are often exempt from the general-use discount coupons, gotta wait until the specific thing is discounted. That`s not always feasible, but can sure save $ when you can wait.

This thread reminds me that I haven`t been receiving their catalogs as regularly as I used to, despite buying enough from them that I oughta still be on the mailing list.

Post Thanks / Like

If buying HF stuff, I`d try to wait until it`s on sale. Their "House Brands" are often exempt from the general-use discount coupons, gotta wait until the specific thing is discounted. That`s not always feasible, but can sure save $ when you can wait.

This thread reminds me that I haven`t been receiving their catalogs as regularly as I used to, despite buying enough from them that I oughta still be on the mailing list.
    Can`t remember how long ago now, but during the pandemic they switched to e-mail only for their coupon books.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bauer 21mm is $109

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Can`t remember how long ago now, but during the pandemic they switched to e-mail only for their coupon books.
    Ah, OK! Thanks for schooling me, that explains it Eh, I still prefer hardcopies, but at least they`re still offering discounts.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just sign your email up for the coupon book and you will receive emails from them at least once a day.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this. I looked at it and like you I don’t need a really good unit. But it is with the money to try it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Just sign your email up for the coupon book and you will receive emails from them at least once a day.
    Heh heh, no way! I get too much junk email already If I have to register like that I`ll just pass, but thanks for letting me know.

(Yeah, I`m kinda extreme about such stuff Autopia is pretty much IT for me when it comes to the Internet.)
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, no way! I get too much junk email already If I have to register like that I`ll just pass, but thanks for letting me know.

(Yeah, I`m kinda extreme about such stuff Autopia is pretty much IT for me when it comes to the Internet.)
    I am at the point of unsubscribing. I get the same ad for 3-4 days. They are getting carried away. They do have decent tools. I have a 2 different sized click type torque wrenches and like them. They don`t get used much, large ft lbs to torque wheel nuts once a year when rotating and the inch/lbs to torque oil cap and oil pan nut twice a year. Cheap enough to have in the tool box and seem to have a decent rating online.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I am at the point of unsubscribing. I get the same ad for 3-4 days. They are getting carried away..
    Heh heh, thanks for posting that, you`ve helped convince me that my intial "no thanks!" wasn`t just a silly knee-jerk I`ll keep an eye on their periodical ads (I want yet *another* polypropylene cart!)

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I get 15 junk emails a day anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I get 15 junk emails a day anymore.
    Yeah, I learned the hard way that the "unsubscribe" never works..they just keep sending `em I will *NOT* let the internet steal my life

Post Thanks / Like

I just make it a habit of deleting spam and emptying my junk folder several times a day. Easy to do with a smart phone. The junk I *do* want, like mail from Autogeek, never comes though
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Ron Ketcham liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information