Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 21 Mark III vs Griot’s 21

I had my Griot’s 21 for 5 years and it’s served me well. It finally went bad, bearing obviously went out. Call them for instructions on where to send it. Send it out a week later a new machine shows up. Rupes Mark III is bad ou if the box. I know this because it’s the second a Rupes machine I’ve had that was the same way, the first one I sent in and they repaired it, after an hour use I sent it back in and they repaired it again. At that point I put it on EBay and hoped they had it fixed right. Obviously took a financial hit on it. This a Mark III bad out if the box and they won’t replace it, just repair it. They tell me to call Autogeek and try to get them to replace it. Unfortunately I received the first poor service from AG I had experienced. I understand she doesn’t know me, but after explaining what I had been through with the other machine she shouldn’t have talked to me like I didn’t know what a I’m talking about and certainly shouldn’t have started right out telling me with an attitude what she wasn’t going to do. I’ve had probably 16 or 17 polishers all Flex, Griot’s, and Rupes. I did start out with a Megs machine for one car replaced with a PC that I ran for a short period of time.
    So bottom line I bought a less expensive, very high quality, polisher and got a new one after 5 years of great service. Bought the more expensive Rupes and, after the phone calls, time running around shipping, and shipping costs I went through with their first bad machine I threw this 500.00 machine right in the trash. I’ve bought 7 Rupes machines over the years. No more!! If you’re looking for a new machine think very carefully about what you get for your hard earned money. More expensive doesn’t always mean better. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I do have a lot of experience with different polishers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 21 Mark III vs Griot’s 21

Next time PM Meghan over on AG. She is great and will resolve any issues.

Sorry about the bad luck with Rupes. We all have bad experiences with tools. For example when I had two issues with the Meguiar`s MT300 and it took some convincing to get them to fix it both times since it was out of warranty. Contact Dylan at Rupes. He and Todd would be the only people I deal with there if I had any issues.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that Dave, a Rupes is always a big investment, and at that price the entire service from purchasing to any issues that may arise I feel needs to be seamless. What kind of issues were you having with your Rupes polishers? I`m liking my Rupes MK III and haven`t had issues yet, but the new G15 coming out next month at almost half the price, with how much I`m liking the G9 right now along with their service to back it up is going to be an extremely competitive buy. I`m looking forward to seeing how it stacks up in terms of smoothness and torque delivery.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Next time PM Meghan over on AG. She is great and will resolve any issues.

Sorry about the bad luck with Rupes. We all have bad experiences with tools. For example when I had two issues with the Meguiar`s MT300 and it took some convincing to get them to fix it both times since it was out of warranty. Contact Dylan at Rupes. He and Todd would be the only people I deal with there if I had any issues.
    I emailed Meghan. She passed me on to someone else. I had a couple of the old Megs 110v2s, one of those got replaced with a PC, the other one went in the trash. A fairly inexpensive machine I half way expect it, although the PC which I use for a sander now, I don’t think that will ever die������. When you buy top of the line I kind of expect a lower defect percentage. I know all manufactured items are going to have a certain percentage of defects, but when I get two out of seven. Luck of the draw I guess. The biggest issue is a brand new machine that’s bad and they don’t want to replace it. They tell me to try to get Autogeek to replace it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Sorry to hear about that Dave, a Rupes is always a big investment, and at that price the entire service from purchasing to any issues that may arise I feel needs to be seamless. What kind of issues were you having with your Rupes polishers? I`m liking my Rupes MK III and haven`t had issues yet, but the new G15 coming out next month at almost half the price, with how much I`m liking the G9 right now along with their service to back it up is going to be an extremely competitive buy. I`m looking forward to seeing how it stacks up in terms of smoothness and torque delivery.
    The last time when I had one doing this they ended up replace most of the internal parts so I can’t tell you exactly what part, the bearing is part of the issue. The thing squeals and grinds so loud when it was running I couldn’t stand it, even with my 50% hearing loss. When I used it in the garage when my dog got let out he wouldn’t come back in the house. On top of that it vibrates to the point my arm felt like it was going to sleep.
    Thanks Stokdgs, Loach, felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had my Griot’s 21 for 5 years and it’s served me well. It finally went bad, bearing obviously went out. Call them for instructions on where to send it. Send it out a week later a new machine shows up. Rupes Mark III is bad ou if the box. I know this because it’s the second a Rupes machine I’ve had that was the same way, the first one I sent in and they repaired it, after an hour use I sent it back in and they repaired it again. At that point I put it on EBay and hoped they had it fixed right. Obviously took a financial hit on it. This a Mark III bad out if the box and they won’t replace it, just repair it. They tell me to call Autogeek and try to get them to replace it. Unfortunately I received the first poor service from AG I had experienced. I understand she doesn’t know me, but after explaining what I had been through with the other machine she shouldn’t have talked to me like I didn’t know what a I’m talking about and certainly shouldn’t have started right out telling me with an attitude what she wasn’t going to do. I’ve had probably 16 or 17 polishers all Flex, Griot’s, and Rupes. I did start out with a Megs machine for one car replaced with a PC that I ran for a short period of time.
    So bottom line I bought a less expensive, very high quality, polisher and got a new one after 5 years of great service. Bought the more expensive Rupes and, after the phone calls, time running around shipping, and shipping costs I went through with their first bad machine I threw this 500.00 machine right in the trash. I’ve bought 7 Rupes machines over the years. No more!! If you’re looking for a new machine think very carefully about what you get for your hard earned money. More expensive doesn’t always mean better. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I do have a lot of experience with different polishers.
    So what ever happened to your G21? I enjoy my G15......w/ the Griots m/f pads.
    Likes jcdata liked this post

Thread Information