Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA not spinning?

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Then, China came in and ruined it..And for the past few years, it has gotten much worse..
    Really has, you search for things and find the EXACT same item over and over under various different names and review counts. It`s bad enough Amazon peppers your searches with stuff you clearly didn`t ask for it just creates a mess of confusion. I`d go shop somewhere else but they kind of killed nearly everybody off. I used to love Newegg as my 100% go to for computer stuff but even it`s filled with a mess of countless resellers. I`m sure this is a good model for all the various businesses but it sure makes me want to only purchase from places like PBMG where I`m going one vendor to buy something that they say is/isn`t in stock.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DA not spinning?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    E.g., when my Bill`s Khakis started wearing out I got replacements ("new with tags", unhemmed..) for a small fraction of what they would`ve cost through normal channels...like literally pennies on the dollar (perhaps because my size isn`t in high demand?). I got acquainted with the seller and how have a perfect source for the only OTR pants that really fit me
    I was able to get a pair of Bill’s Khakis shorts from TJ Maxx of all places and they were quite cheaper than the usual Polo I buy
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    Really has, you search for things and find the EXACT same item over and over under various different names and review counts. It`s bad enough Amazon peppers your searches with stuff you clearly didn`t ask for it just creates a mess of confusion. I`d go shop somewhere else but they kind of killed nearly everybody off. I used to love Newegg as my 100% go to for computer stuff but even it`s filled with a mess of countless resellers. I`m sure this is a good model for all the various businesses but it sure makes me want to only purchase from places like PBMG where I`m going one vendor to buy something that they say is/isn`t in stock.
    gorram -
    Exactly !!! Amazon, (couldn`t have picked a better name) has taken over and is ruining it now..
    What I have figured out is all those "different" names are going to be for sure, China products.. And the really bad usage of the english language is also warning for me.. It appears that as long as the gate is wide open, this will only get worse..

I always used to shop at Newegg also !! They used to have really great deals on Definitive Technology Speakers.. It is now taken on the China model of internet sales..

And all the former American brand names, made in America products are now still using the American name, but guess where the product is being made now?
    I just hope I/we can survive this..
    Dan F
    Likes gorram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well unknown to me the buffer came back to me this morning. I had my son help me shoot a video. I’m not a pro and not an expert, but it sure appears to me the PC functions as it is supposed to. If I am wrong tell me so I understand why it doesn’t?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dg4...zI9Onp6Q1Y6sPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Finished panel for me with no hazing

Post Thanks / Like

Astouffer512- I`m just glad you got it back. I`m betting that he`s just unfamiliar with its limitations...when I first got mine I assumed it was broken since it was so...different...compared to my Cyclo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Astouffer512- I`m just glad you got it back. I`m betting that he`s just unfamiliar with its limitations...when I first got mine I assumed it was broken since it was so...different...compared to my Cyclo.
    Did the video link I posted work to view?

Did you see anything wrong with the functioning of the DA?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Astouffer512- Sorry, the PC I`m currently on isn`t properly capable of playing it (no reflection on your link/etc. it`s my problem ). But I figure I can imagine, and when *you* say it`s working fine, and posting pix in evidence of that, I`m gonna take your word for it If it were messed up, I`m utterly confident that you`d know.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Well unknown to me the buffer came back to me this morning. I had my son help me shoot a video. I’m not a pro and not an expert, but it sure appears to me the PC functions as it is supposed to. If I am wrong tell me so I understand why it doesn’t?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dg4...zI9Onp6Q1Y6sPA

Andrew,
    Thank you and your son for this video.
    I watched it, I see nothing wrong with the machine, it sounds exactly like any other Porter Cable, I could see the pad random orbiting, I say the machine is fine.
    Think this may have been User Error..

Did you have an opportunity to take the wrench, remove the Backing Plate, and check to see the counterweight is tightly attached? I would always check that at least once a year..

The panel you did looks great ! Very glossy and clear..
    Thank you for doing this.
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Video worked fine. Machine seems to be operating as it should. I`m assuming on higher speeds the rotation is `faster` than in the video.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Video worked fine. Machine seems to be operating as it should. I`m assuming on higher speeds the rotation is `faster` than in the video.
    I’ll assume it runs faster at higher speeds. Since I had a polishing pad on and I was just trying to see if it worked it only ran it at 3 1/2.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Roger that. Was definitely operator error on the other persons part for sure!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information