Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA not spinning?

I`d simply ask for a video of him using it on the paint and at speed 4-5 before considering a refund.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    There`s a very good reason (or rather, a boatload of `em) why I sold my rotaries to Stokdgs instead of to somebody I don`t know well enough to trust absolutely.
    Oh! So it did happen Glad to hear it.

Astouffer, May be a scammer. To avoid issues, I`d personally just take it back, less shipping, and sell it to someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I offered a partial refund. I had a lot of extra detailing accessories that I wasn’t using and told him to keep them and just send the polisher back. If it still works once I get it I’ll let everyone know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have asked this (for a video) twice now and he is refusing. I`m offering to help him if he shows me what is happening, but he is refusing to assist in that way. Most likely Ebay will not side with me as the seller, but who knows.

He rejected my partial refund offer. He stated nothing is any good to him without the polisher....which isn`t true...I did say you can hand polish with any 3 of the polishes I sent (noting, a polisher would be quicker) and everything else was for normal maintenance. (Wheel cleaners, metal polish, trim slime, etc) But he says you can`t hand polish paint...I ended the conversation there.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You are right..... Ebay/Paypal will side with him and give him his money back...debit to you! You`ll need to get it back or be out everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    ... he says you can`t hand polish paint...I ended the conversation there.
    I sure don`t blame you for ending it there, he`s...uhm, not reasonable. IMO you`ll be lucky if giving him his $ back results in a return of your stuff.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I sure don`t blame you for ending it there, he`s...uhm, not reasonable. IMO you`ll be lucky if giving him his $ back results in a return of your stuff.
    I believe I read Liz`s post and it said the way it works, when a tracking number with the item being returned is given, then the refund is made, so hopefully, Astouffer512 will be ok here.
    Dan F
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[Accumulator thinks "gee, I sure hope so" regarding Stokdgs` optimism ]

Astouffer512- When this all works out OK after all I hope you find the right buyer if you don`t just keep it for light-duty work. Heh heh, I do kinda think I might`ve been a bit pessimistic...the guy just sounds like *SUCH* a, uhm....[individual].... as I like to put it.

Post Thanks / Like

As this has progressed, i have a new theory. Everything worked as it should, and he is just scamming you at this point. No reasonable person would go this far out of their way to avoid the help

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Baldone- Heh heh, you`re sounds less, uhm...charitable...towards the buyer, huh? I sure don`t blame you, it`s like he`s bending over backwards to so all the wrong things.

I do try to remember to (as the saying goes).."not ascribe to malevolence what can be explained by mere stupidity", but some of those [individuals] make that difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a shame there are people like this out there. I had the same problem with one of my polishers, It was never used and I checked it out before shipping but buyer said it didn`t work. On my my auctions I state NO RETURNS but this guy was being a P.I.A . Told buyer to ship it back once I got it back I turned him into Ebay.
    I worked hard for my ratings and didn`t want this idiot to ruin it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw my hf da acted like this (free spins ok but once any pressure applied it stopped) and I assumed it was toast.

Turned out the counter weight screws were loose. Tightened them up and all was well after.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes John U, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Ebay really turned into a cesspool of scam buyers and some case sellers. It used to be my go to before Amazon Prime blew up. I`ve only sold a few things there many years ago but countless stories just like this has made me not bother when things came up that I knew would sell there. It`s a shame when it seems it`s just a cost of doing business that Ebay tolerates what seems like is a decent percentage of scammers. Not that some of this hasn`t infected Amazon too between fake reviews and flat out fake items (auto parts for example).

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    Seems like Ebay really turned into a cesspool of scam buyers and some case sellers. It used to be my go to before Amazon Prime blew up. I`ve only sold a few things there many years ago but countless stories just like this has made me not bother when things came up that I knew would sell there. It`s a shame when it seems it`s just a cost of doing business that Ebay tolerates what seems like is a decent percentage of scammers. Not that some of this hasn`t infected Amazon too between fake reviews and flat out fake items (auto parts for example).
    gorram --
    Hope you guys are all good up there..

Totally agree with you post .. Been an Amazon Member for 18 years, and a Prime Member since it started..
    Oh, it was so lovely when I started with it ! They had another part of them called My Habit, which had a great bunch of things for the house, etc..
    I could easily average over 100 orders a year..

Then, China came in and ruined it..And for the past few years, it has gotten much worse..
    Yes, it is now full of China knock-offs, not even the exact size of the American product, but going to break soon, even it works when you receive it..

The only thing Amazon is pretty good at now is Returns; and sometimes, for things that they dont want back, they tell me to keep it or dispose of it, and they will try again to send the right product..

Sad..

Ebay, - the only reason I use it very sparingly to purchase now, is because if I have an issue, I hope PayPal will protect me..

I have never sold anything, just try to purchase things I need that are way overpriced, etc., everywhere else..

As long as Ebay has been there, you would think they would have some kind of Scammer algorithm. etc., in there to weed out the for example, outright Thieves, who bought up all the Kirkland Signature Bath Tissue at Costco, and put it up for sale on Ebay. Over a week ago, I saw an ad there for $55,000.00 for 6 rolls of that toilet paper.. For toilet paper... That normally costs $.666 a roll in the 30-roll pack... Wow, talk about bad math..
    Talk about taking advantage of your neighbor..

Dan F
    Likes gorram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`m starting to feel my wife and I might`ve gotten lucky with the stuff we`ve ebayed...some of which were kinda high-ticket items.

I will say that I`ve done OK buying things that were (verifiably) new/unused and (IMO) unlikely to be counterfeited. E.g., when my Bill`s Khakis started wearing out I got replacements ("new with tags", unhemmed..) for a small fraction of what they would`ve cost through normal channels...like literally pennies on the dollar (perhaps because my size isn`t in high demand?). I got acquainted with the seller and how have a perfect source for the only OTR pants that really fit me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information