Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country`s new machine.....

That new Lake Country machine looks interesting.....curios to see how it performs.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country`s new machine.....

Felixthecat:
    Are you talking about this?:
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...tml?highlight=
    STILL no release date! Makes me wonder IF it really is coming or what kind of "problems" LC Power Tools (the company that is making this polisher) may have encountered during testing or manufacturing.
    GB detailer
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting, however, with the different throws should come different counter weights to balance the machine properly. I wonder how their technology is handling that.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    It is interesting, however, with the different throws should come different counter weights to balance the machine properly. I wonder how their technology is handling that.
    Good point.
    Maybe the variable-stroke polisher is akin to a perpetual motion machine: it just cannot be done. Many have tried, and yes, there are US-registered patents for some of them. Then again, I never thought I would see a variable-compression internal combustion engine, but that is a reality thanks to the engineering genius of Nissan/Infinity!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it`s like the v1.0 PCs, where different counterweights make little, if any, functional difference.

With any foam pad wet with product weighing so much more than a single sheet of sandpaper, I found that it simply doesn`t matter (well...to me) which weight I pair with which size plate/pads on my PCs. Although the 3" one was a bit happier with the 5" counterweight if I were splitting hairs.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep wondering when LC will be releasing this machine into the wild (any beta testers?). I received an email from them a few weeks ago telling me I won a key chain shaped like their new polisher. To be truthful I can not remember when I signed up for the giveaway. It still has not arrived. If it does I’ll post a picture.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if during the adjustment of the throw, the counterweight is moved further out; same weight, but further out causing more leverage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I keep wondering when LC will be releasing this machine into the wild (any beta testers?). I received an email from them a few weeks ago telling me I won a key chain shaped like their new polisher. To be truthful I can not remember when I signed up for the giveaway. It still has not arrived. If it does I’ll post a picture.
    Sounds like even the key chain has been delayed, not a good sign for LC.

This machine looks interesting, if my short term memory serves me correctly, I remember a video where an LC rep said it was going to be um $800? Maybe I`m off but I remember thinking damn it`s well well out of my price range lol.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Sounds like even the key chain has been delayed, not a good sign for LC.

This machine looks interesting, if my short term memory serves me correctly, I remember a video where an LC rep said it was going to be um $800? Maybe I`m off but I remember thinking damn it`s well well out of my price range lol.
    I think it is 699$. That was a fairly recent price I saw. Yvan post somewhere

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it at SEMA a couple weeks ago - first, it doesn`t look the same anymore - remember the video that explains it? - THAT had features and the look that I think would be comfortable. I don`t know about you guys but I use my Rupes A LOT - LC had put in some sort of shapes all over the top and handle to help you grip it better - now they`re gone?? Second, it vibrated like a mo-fo. Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is going to double the price of whats out there already?
    I know of nobody

Post Thanks / Like

I see it for pre-order, $699 *yikes* With no firm date listed. But usually I think when a good sized company puts a product up for pre order, it`s not a super long ways out. It scares me that the only video I`m finding on YT from LC on this is 1 1/2 years old and nothing but pre-rendered 3d. I think @ $700 it`s an automatic pass for me. But, I`m sure there are already pre orders and some others who will buy it once it`s out. LC did say it won`t be built in China, so it has that going for it. Although, China`s capable of making quality products if the company wants to pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started the original thread in October, 2018 (see post No.2 in this thread above for link). Mike Phillips was to demo the machine prototype in November of 2018 at SEMA, according to his post in that same linked thread. The LC-Power Tool news release was stated that release date for this tool was "Spring 2019".

Fast forward to updates and posts in this thread and still no word on "a revised release date" or anything else, other than adding a rotary function to this machine, which, I assume, is WHY it is geared toward professional detailers and priced accordingly. However, this longer-than-expected "delay" is beginning to erode my confidence that Lake County Power Tool (LC-PT) is a viable company that can deliver this tool at all.

Like the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn`t". Then again, "Rome wasn`t built in a day."
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they tested and found flaws?
    If they want someone to beta test that actually uses the machine and will give an honest opinion I am down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information