Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country`s new machine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I started the original thread in October, 2018 (see post No.2 in this thread above for link). Mike Phillips was to demo the machine prototype in November of 2018 at SEMA, according to his post in that same linked thread. The LC-Power Tool news release was stated that release date for this tool was "Spring 2019".

Fast forward to updates and posts in this thread and still no word on "a revised release date" or anything else, other than adding a rotary function to this machine, which, I assume, is WHY it is geared toward professional detailers and priced accordingly. However, this longer-than-expected "delay" is beginning to erode my confidence that Lake County Power Tool (LC-PT) is a viable company that can deliver this tool at all.

Like the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn`t". Then again, "Rome wasn`t built in a day."

In the video above Yvan states that they are shooting for March to release the new polisher.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It lead to a lot of marital problem guys were saving so much time while detailing that it free up part of their day we’ll you know the story UDOS the family destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

So I watched the video SNP209 posted, looks more interesting than I originally thought. Maybe I would like to learn how to use a rotary. I know LC pushes how this replaces 5 buffers but nobody except the extreme hardcore here would realistic have 5 different machines lol. But having 8 + 21 + rotary in 1 tool would be nice. I`m broke and want to wait for reviews anywho. If people end up liking it maybe around Xmas this can be my present to myself.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    So I watched the video SNP209 posted, looks more interesting than I originally thought. Maybe I would like to learn how to use a rotary. I know LC pushes how this replaces 5 buffers but nobody except the extreme hardcore here would realistic have 5 different machines lol. But having 8 + 21 + rotary in 1 tool would be nice. I`m broke and want to wait for reviews anywho. If people end up liking it maybe around Xmas this can be my present to myself.
    That demo was dummo. One guy turning it off and on, and the other asking really predictable questions.. They never put it to work on paint.. Sigh...

If that L/C machine is anywhere near the $700 price tag that has been spoken of, you could probably purchase 2 Makita rotary machines and still have money left over..

Perhaps this L/C machine is an amazing thing, but until we look at how all these changes happen, and how stout all those parts are that allow these changes to occur, it is still a lot of speculation..

And does it use the standard backing plate that can be changed out all the way from 7" to 1" backing plates ? Can you put a spacer on it and then a standard backing plate ?

Are the brushes robust in size, and are changeable ?

Will everyone be ok with a machine (9 lbs.) that is 1 lb. less than my Makita 9237 Rotary (10 lbs.) ?

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I still think of the "ShopSmith or multi-tool analogy". Not that I hated my dad`s ShopSmith or haven`t had a multi-tool save my [bacon] a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by quebert
    Maybe I would like to learn how to use a rotary...
    What for? Eh, regulars here probably saw that coming from me, but of all the different Human Endeavors you could spent your time on, mastering a rotary wouldn`t make my top 100 list. And this is where I repeat how I wish somebody here would buy my two rotaries and free up some shelf space...
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I still think of the "ShopSmith or multi-tool analogy". Not that I hated my dad`s ShopSmith or haven`t had a multi-tool save my [bacon] a few times...

What for? Eh, regulars here probably saw that coming from me, but of all the different Human Endeavors you could spent your time on, mastering a rotary wouldn`t make my top 100 list. And this is where I repeat how I wish somebody here would buy my two rotaries and free up some shelf space...
    PM me sometime about this, Hermano !!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    PM me sometime about this, Hermano !!
    Dan F
    Incoming.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The OG detailers all seem to say a good detailer should learn how to use a rotary. Brian from Apex says he uses one to finish as he can get a much better finish with this rotary over any DA. I said maybe I`d like to. Maybe from me = I want to but I know I never will lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The OG detailers all seem to say a good detailer should learn how to use a rotary. Brian from Apex says he uses one to finish as he can get a much better finish with this rotary over any DA. I said maybe I`d like to. Maybe from me = I want to but I know I never will lol.
    I learned at a very young age and continued through adulthood with several Journeyman Painters who all used Rotary Power because the only alternative was the Porter Cable 7424..
    And no one -ever- swirled,hologrammed, etc., anything.. I never learned how to install those defects into paintwork.. Lucky me !!

It is still the only tool I use for everything and it always will be.. You have to really want to learn how to use it.

Every Maker of all things that are painted uses Rotary Power at the Assembly Line stage and these people all produce perfect, level, clarity, and gloss.. This includes Airplanes and Gel Coat Painted Boats..

Yes, there are a lot of alternatives today that are capable of producing outstanding work; but for me and my business needs, they take longer.. And do they take every size backing plate with a spacer, down to 1" ?
    Dan F
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Incoming.
    Incoming..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

I still use a rotary a lot. Looking back from when I started.... the now lighter/slower speed machines, pad advancements and buffing liquid technology has certainly made using a rotary much much easier and more enjoyable.
    Likes Stokdgs, DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I still use a rotary a lot. Looking back from when I started.... the now lighter/slower speed machines, pad advancements and buffing liquid technology has certainly made using a rotary much much easier and more enjoyable.
    This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ !

I absolutely love any Rotary that soft-starts at 600 rpm and is trigger speed adjustable at all speeds.. One of the best things they ever did to direct-drive machines..

And for sure with all the better compound and polishing products made even in the last 15 years, most of these products are surely easier to use and produce even better results than any of the American Industry Standards of decades ago..

All this with the great foam composition advancements (even from 15 years ago) have made my life so much less complicated and easier...

Dan F
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`m gonna go on a bit about the above, hope you don`t mind

-Saying every Detailer oughta know from a rotary is like saying every serious driver oughta know how to drive a non-synchro manual. I call "BS"; the best (Pro) drivers I`ve ever known would be the first to agree with me.

-I can`t stand the finish that M205 leaves on any paints, not good enough for my beaters. So I`m awfully particular and I get the finish I want just fine with a RO/DA. Unless you look at a M205-finished car and immediately think "oh man, I gotta improve upon that!" then any Polisher Differences are a moot point IMO.

-Having "stuff you really oughta do but probably won`t" in the back of your mind is, *IMO*, a recipe for dissatisfaction. It`s important to give ourselves permission to Not Do Things that don`t need to be done as (again just IMO) it contributes to peace-of-mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Between my take on Rotaries and those of Dr Olz and STOKDGS we`ve certainly covered the bases

Post Thanks / Like

I see rotarys like this ( and not that I am a MP or Todd Helm )
    Once you master a rotary , or at leaast get "real good" with it-- you probably wont want to use the others a whole lot. I remember when computers first came out where I use to work. most of the older folks didnt like them and it was like pulling teeth for them to use them. When people dont know how to use anything, what every it might be (rotary) etc.. they are not going to want to use it , & when they have trouble , make mistakes , they naturally want to fall back into their safe zone ( da polisher ). For the every day enthusiast who will only be working on paint thats in great shape, thats great to not own a rotary. But for people that have or work on paint thats not always so great a rotary is where its at. But they have even made machines like the 3401 & milly to help the folks that just cant bring themselves to learn or just cant learn for one reason or another

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information