Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like I have to place an order for a adj. stool

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    HF has one with tires that look like snow thrower tires. I needed one that is adj. up & down and HF is not. When I am finished with the tires & wheels my back is just killing me.
    The one I bought at Harbor Freight was nothing like what you describe and I didn`t see anything in the store like that either. Mine looks exactly like the autopia ad down to the exact same colors and it is height adjustable.

If you look in their online catalog it`s listed as the "Pittsburg Automotive Pneumatic Adjustable Rolling Stool". A really long name for such a simple object...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The one I bought at Harbor Freight was .. the "Pittsburg Automotive Pneumatic Adjustable Rolling Stool"...
    Yeah, that`s the one I was thinking of too, presumably a typical Pittsburgh/Central offering from HF; sometimes they`re perfectly OK, and this item may well be since Desertnate seems happy with his.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread I really can use a new creeper it’s always the caster that fail for me. I’m cheap so 60 is my limit the ones posted so far look good thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Great thread I really can use a new creeper...
    Noting that we were discussing the adj. stools, I *just* bought two new creepers at HF (wanted one for each side of the wash bay), where they`re currently on in-store-sale for <$30. Not as nice as "better" ones in that there are no drops on the siderails, and while I appreciate that they`re lighter than my old ones it does make me wonder about durability....but they`re still better than what I grew up with and maybe they`d be good enough for you. They do have the adjustable headrests and the padding seems OK.

it’s always the caster that fail for me..
    I got some replacement casters from Amazon for one of my other creepers and they`re OK, if not quite as nice as the oe ones. Plenty cheap enough to be worth considering, at least IMO (so cheap that I can`t remember the cost as it just didn`t register on me). They have them in sets of either 4 or 5, with either 2" and 2.5" wheels, all with the standard-diameter mounting shafts (forget what size it is but it`s the same on all my creepers).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The one I bought at Harbor Freight was nothing like what you describe and I didn`t see anything in the store like that either. Mine looks exactly like the autopia ad down to the exact same colors and it is height adjustable.

If you look in their online catalog it`s listed as the "Pittsburg Automotive Pneumatic Adjustable Rolling Stool". A really long name for such a simple object...
    Exactly, Not sure why OP says HF doesnt have one. I bought mine like a year ago. I replaced the cushion part with my own circle of wood and padding and vinyl wrapping.

https://www.harborfreight.com/pneuma...eat-46319.html
    $26
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I have the speed master creeper and it’s perfect for detailing. Got a bad back and this gets you the perfect height to get around the car. I’m 6 feet tall if it matters. I use for polishing, rinseless washing and applying LSP’s. It’s got big tires and a wide base to roll over anything. I’ve used others before and those small wheels are the devil! Catch a tiny rock and boom.... your on the ground. And it’s $60 dollars with a 25% off sale. I use it every time I touch my car.

If your gonna use it as much or more than me well worth the extra you’ll pay over a harbor freight one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have the speed master creeper and it’s perfect for detailing. Got a bad back and this gets you the perfect height to get around the car. I’m 6 feet tall if it matters. I use for polishing, rinseless washing and applying LSP’s. It’s got big tires and a wide base to roll over anything. I’ve used others before and those small wheels are the devil! Catch a tiny rock and boom.... your on the ground. And it’s $60 dollars with a 25% off sale. I use it every time I touch my car.

If your gonna use it as much or more than me well worth the extra you’ll pay over a harbor freight one.

Did you opt for the cushion that`s extra? If so, how is the cushion?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello China tariffs

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, I`m surprised the Harbor Freight one isn`t available.

It`s kinda funny how little I use mine (one I got from the old Imparts catalog in the `80s), but if I`m not just kneeling down I always end up just using a creeper instead..so much so that I now have three of them so I don`t have to carry one around the bay so often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Did you opt for the cushion that`s extra? If so, how is the cushion?
    I don’t think speed master offers a cushion but griots creeper is exact same and fits it. I opted for the speedmaster because with sale was $30 cheaper. Works great! I was blessed with no butt and sitting on hard surfaces can get uncomfortable.

Haven’t tried without cushion but with it I got through polishing sides and front/back of my car with no problems. Definite recommend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information