Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My opinion of the G9

This is great to hear, Mike. I for one still find a need for a “short stroke” polisher for certain paint systems. At least the finishing aspect. While personally I love finishing with the flex finisher ....... there are times I have to pull out the trusty PC! Nice to have an updated short stroke machine that has some power to boot. Typically I cut with a rotary or the 3401. But for the price and warranty(on top of reviews like this) this is a tool everyone should have in their arsenal from beginner to professional! I think the price is phenomenal also.
    Likes Mary B, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the little brother to the Boss machines, carries a wallop all his own.

Griot`s
    Likes JustJesus, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I put it up against any 15 da out there!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    There`s only so much clearcoat, and most of mine have already been polished more than they should`ve been. That "gotta make it last indefinitely" aspect is very different from dealing with, uhm...disposable vehicles. If I were trading `em often the way I used to, well... that`d be different,but they`re not building, uhm..pre-modern tech...vehicles any more.

Seriously. I just had that same chat with some guys when I was doing decon/wash. Actually used the words, "disposable vehicles" with them!
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just what I needed to hear. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

There`s only so much clearcoat, and most of mine have already been polished more than they should`ve been. That "gotta make it last indefinitely" aspect is very different from dealing with, uhm...disposable vehicles. If I were trading `em often the way I used to, well... that`d be different,but they`re not building, uhm..pre-modern tech...vehicles any more.
    Totally get what your saying `bout pre modern tech cars.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Totally get what your saying `bout pre modern tech cars.....
    It actually [ticks] me off a bit...all this performance capability available today, but in BS-tech-laden vehicles that`re ugly as sin and not built to last (and that, IME, develop Mystery Issues that nobody can fix).

Post Thanks / Like

So here are my thoughts on the G9, a machine that I don`t even have!!!

I used several different polishers on a car this past Saturday. I did a test spot with the GG6 with a Megs 3" MF Cut Disc on a curvy part. Went well, finished off quite decently.

Followed up with the G15 with 5" Megs MF Cut disc on a larger, flatter section. Didn`t finish out as nice.

Swapped to the Flex 3401 with the same pad combo, and it finished off better than G15

Observations: The GG6 felt "heavy" to me. Also, felt like it vibrated harsher than I remember. Following that up with the G15, that machine actually felt a bit lighter, a bit quieter, and quite a bit smoother than the GG6. What made me STOP using the G15, was that the cutting stage with the larger orbit didn`t finish out as well as with the other two machines with smaller orbits.

Right then, i decided I really do want the new G9. What made me NOT go out and buy it? The fact that the particular use for the GG6 at that moment, I was using it with a 3" pad! Can`t do that with the new G9. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I used several different polishers on a car this past Saturday...the Flex 3401 with the same pad combo...finished off better than G15...
    Oh man...and I thought the Flex 3401 finished out terribly!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...and I thought the Flex 3401 finished out terribly!
    Not always?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly why you need a short throw da, even if you own a 15 and a 21. Also, your using a very aggressive product on a very aggressive pad and hoping on this paint to get a lap ready finish. My advice is keep the GG6 and use it with a 3 inch pad and get the g9. Then decide if you still need the German thing or your 15.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Exactly why you need a short throw da, even if you own a 15 and a 21.
    Must agree with you on this. I`ve been noting that others have been saying in some cases, finishing with the smaller orbit is a must. My recent experience reinforced this.

Also, your using a very aggressive product on a very aggressive pad and hoping on this paint to get a lap ready finish.
    Oh, no, sir. Not hoping for LSP ready on this I was doing a 2 step correction regardless. I just wanted the best finish prior to going back with the 2nd step.

My advice is keep the GG6 and use it with a 3 inch pad and get the g9. Then decide if you still need the German thing or your 15.
    I`ll always have that German thing! Two of them, actually. But, chances are, I just may end up with the G9 down the line anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly why you need a short throw da, even if you own a 15 and a 21. Also, your using a very aggressive product on a very aggressive pad and hoping on this paint to get a lap ready finish. My advice is keep the GG6 and use it with a 3 inch pad and get the g9. Then decide if you still need the German thing or your 15.
    Exactly what I plan on doing with my GG6 Mike. My G9 should be here tomorrow
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that`s right, Mike, Flex is a swear-word to your Griot`s Garage detailing equipment and why you cannot say "that word" nor do not (will not) own a buffing machine from "that manufacturer".
    See Post #12 in this thread topic: https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...highlight=Flex
    (So Captain Obvious is now a whistle blower, too?!)
    GB detailer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information