Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Flex PXE8010.8EC all new machine

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThrottle View Post
    Man oh man if Griots and Milwaukee teamed up..
    From your mouth to God`s ear! Man, that`d be great (love my Milwaukee M12 rotary tool).

.. 13 years and 2 Flex 3401 I’ve never been let down by either..
    You must`ve gotten good ones (most people do, but not everybody) and you must not abuse them (lots of people cause the plate to hit the housing by applying the wrong kind of pressure). Nice to know they`ve worked so well for you. (Mine is a lot older, and it`s always been fine, but I don`t use it much.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    From your mouth to God`s ear! Man, that`d be great (love my Milwaukee M12 rotary tool).

You must`ve gotten good ones (most people do, but not everybody) and you must not abuse them (lots of people cause the plate to hit the housing by applying the wrong kind of pressure). Nice to know they`ve worked so well for you. (Mine is a lot older, and it`s always been fine, but I don`t use it much.)
    I gotta say after all the talk we have had so far I’m shocked you even said you love any model rotary lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    2017 Yamaha R1M Race Bike

Detailing 13 Years...All Vehicle Tech for 15 years...Broke for 30 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThrottle View Post
    I gotta say after all the talk we have had so far I’m shocked you even said you love any model rotary lmao
    Heh heh, that was good

FWIW, that Milwaukee is *SO* much better than any of my Dremels it`s just incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    FWIW, that Milwaukee is *SO* much better than any of my Dremels it`s just incredible.
    And I thought you were talking about a rotary polisher--I have been thinking about a cordless Dremel since I`m still using a corded one from when Ford was President...I`m going to have to look into that Milwaukee since I have an M12 tool already. Of course I will miss my Dremel pedal speed control.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- Well, you can keep using the corded Dremel with that foot pedal same as I still sometimes use my Dumore

I went through *so mayn* cordless Dremels that I felt like a sucker; they just don`t last (and it`s not only their batteries). Bought one for my best friend and that one didn`t last either. Very disappointing that IME they`re simply junk.

Completely different story with the Milwaukee, I`m very satisfied with that and only use the corded Dremel when I`ve let the M12`s batteries run down. For jobs you can do with a little rotary tool, the Milwaukee is simply great. Ergonomic IMO too, despite being bigger than some (all?) of the Dremel ones.

Oh, and I bet that `70s-era (corded) Dremel is still going strong, they built `em better back then. Not like the Dumore, but hey...Dremel is basically consumer-grade.

Post Thanks / Like

So Forensic Detailing has a review of this tool (glad to see he talks faster and has learned to edit his videos...although he did get a little Obsessed Garage-long winded at the end). Looks like the price is going to be in the ballpark of the Rupes iBrid Nano. I can`t help but wonder a few things about this tool...

1. Did they do the rotary/3mmDA/12mmDA because the Nano does that, or because they think it`s a good idea? Do users think it`s a good idea?

2. Why does Rupes have a trigger on the Nano but not on their 3" polisher? Why does Flex not have a trigger on any of their small tools?

3. I think I might be more interested in a cordless version of the Flex 3" DA, rather than this PXE 80.

For a long time some of us have been intermittently lobbying here on the forums for something like a small version of the 3401, with the same ergonomics (trigger control) but in a smaller form factor, but all we`ve gotten is tools like this PXE 80, Nano, XFE 7-12 and PE8 and LHR 75E. I`m not sure if the trigger is too expensive or too large to incorporate into a small tool (belied by the Nano having one) or if the mfrs. feel the market doesn`t want that (again belied by the Nano).

Post Thanks / Like

Just what I think. Interesting questions about this. The £100 cheaper Flex PXE-80 than Rupes Nano ibrid is about $150 or a little less cheaper. The new Liquid Elements U1000 or what it`s called is between $250-$300 for the kit and basicly a knockoff of the Rupes Nano.

1. Think that the rotary mode is to be used with the 40mm backing plate. Then I think it`s a sanding disc backing plate which is used with the 3mm throw and also if you want to use the 40mm backing plate in DA mode it`s better suited with a 3mm throw than a 12mm throw. They could have used a 5mm throw maybe instead of the 3mm for a higher performance from it. But when you only have a 40mm backing plate it`s gets harder to maintain the pad rotation from it with the larger throw you go with. And also you get a higher risk of an easier tipping effect from it with the larger throw you go with. Think it`s impresive that they did go with the 75mm backing plate instead of a smaller sized as their largest option. Think that they only have the the smaller sanding disc backing plate around a inch/25mm or 30mm and the 40mm backing plate with velcro and the 75mm backing plate. And as I understand it you can not use the 75mm backing plate on the rotary extension but you can mount the 40mm backing plate on the 12mm extension. Or does it LOL my brain not working so good today LOL.

2. Can only guess that it has with how the cooling of the small polishers works and to design that with a trigger makes them too long. Then it`s maybe just something that has lived on with like it`s on the small angle grinders. Would be more ergonomical with haveing a trigger but you may loose some in the ease of reach intricate places as the body gets longer. A little surprised that they builded the Flex PXE-80 so high from the pad face and up. And that little plastic that is higher than the polisher which could have a very good rest upside down if they had thought about that from the beginning was a huge miss.

3. I think that with the 75mm backing plate on the Flex PXE-80 we won`t see a cordless 75mm like the Flex FXE-80 corded version. As it`s the same backing plate and throw on the new Flex PXE-80.

Looks like an awesome polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

YES! Today, I got a UPS tracking number from Autopia. My PXE80, ordered the day after Christmas, is arriving next Wednesday!!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks DarkThrottle thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    YES! Today, I got a UPS tracking number from Autopia. My PXE80, ordered the day after Christmas, is arriving next Wednesday!!!

You will love it! It’s an awesome machine that I can’t be without since having it! Enjoy!!!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve held off on ibird. Glad see something comparable come out. Keeping my eyes on reviews an opinions around here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The PXE is still too big for a lot of applications. Even the Ibrid can be to big, but it does fit in most cases.
    Thanks waynvision thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love this machine! I used to hate intricate work and now I actually don`t mind doing it. Waaay more powerful and useful then my iBrids. You do have to be mindful of the battery though and the trigger is annoying at first. It could also use a speed setting between 3 and 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I absolutely love this machine! I used to hate intricate work and now I actually don`t mind doing it. Waaay more powerful and useful then my iBrids. You do have to be mindful of the battery though and the trigger is annoying at first. It could also use a speed setting between 3 and 4.
    Er...switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Er...switch.
    correct. my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    correct. my bad
    No problem, a thumbs up from you makes this a must-buy, IMO...even if I would like a trigger.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information