Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I am still trying figure out where this polisher fits in with its 9mm throw, especially if it does not accept backing plates that are 4".

It is not small like an easy-to-handle Porter Cable Dual-Action Random Orbital.

The ONLY place I see its benefit may be on thin paints that a 15mm or 21mm LT-DA may be too aggressive. Thin paints are becoming the new norm on NEW vehicles, as Mike has pointed out with his Paint-Thickness Gauge (PTG) readings.
I cannot see this polisher being used for ultra-fine polishing (burnishing/jeweling) or applying sealants and liquid waxes , BUT maybe I am wrong. Maybe that is its forte and purpose.

I was hoping it would be similar to Adam`s Mini-Swirl Killer with its 12mm throw AND accept 4" backing plates that would make it easy to handle for novices and hobbyist who do not use a polisher on a regular basis, yet still have the "muscle" (Amp power) to correct when needed. That is something the PC-DA does not have.

Will 2.0 version have a 10mm throw as a compromise?? (GEESH, let this version work its way through the detailing community first before making suggestions for improvements)
SK mini is not recommended for whole car by Adam’s. Great machine for spot polishing and tight areas though. Gets to hot to do whole car. This for people looking to do whole car and worried about a long throw. Basically a direct replacement for their GG6. Not being usable with their smaller backing plates I would guess a gg3 replacement coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk