Post Thanks / Like

anything out there similar to Griots Lithum-Ion Random Orbital polisher?

I`m too lazy to clay a car with a clay bar, and I never liked doing it with my BOSS G15. While I could technically operate it 1 handed, it was a pain. And having to stop every 20 seconds to put down the polisher and grab the lube, meh lol. I see Griots has a one hand cordless polisher, it looks pretty slick. But has a super small battery and low run time. I`m not looking for some uber powerful machine. Just would like something I can use one handed to Autoscrub a car while I use my other hand to spray the lube. I`d like cordless, but I`m buying a battery power station thingy, so I`m also open to a something corded. Googling cordless polishers, almost everything I saw was a Random Orbital sander. I know those don`t work in place of a polisher, well not for correction and LSP. So I`m assuming it would be a poor choice to try and clay disc with.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: anything out there similar to Griots Lithum-Ion Random Orbital polisher?

I have a Camaro, my Griots cordless does the whole car in one battery when using meg’s 205.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Hummm thanks for replying, 15 minutes just sounded short to me. But I guess clay or polishing shouldn`t take that long. I can`t find much at all on the unit review wise, do you like it? Any cons?

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

No downside for me. I get 20-30 min on each batt.....for a new car, its perfect. all i’ve used for 3 years. Still going strong.

Not a prob for me , but it will not do major correction, no speed control. It should be your 2nd polisher if your doing full detailing.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know if this helps but...

I just modified this Ryobi battery op. to fit a 5” pad.

I use it mainly for paste, and liquid wax.
    Use my one+ batteries.
    Do my Malibu on less than 1 batt.

It came with a smooth 6” BP, so whittled it down to fit
    a PC 5” BP that I picked up at the hardware store.

Was able to find a bag too.
    60$ Tops.
    Works for me

Likes SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m invested in a bunch of these cordless systems including Milwaukee & Ryobi. IMHO, the smart man would invent a kit to convert your PC or similar machine into a cordless machine using someone’s batteries.

Apparently it can be done in the 20v range. Of course you would need multiple higher amp batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Hummm thanks for replying, 15 minutes just sounded short to me. But I guess clay or polishing shouldn`t take that long. I can`t find much at all on the unit review wise, do you like it? Any cons?
    A battery should last 20-30 minutes....Its basically for applying wax/sealants to a corrected surface. Like mentioned no speed control. Works great for adding additional wax at G2G`s......

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had mine since they were introduced. I got the two battery kit. I rarely get my Flex out to "spread wax" anymore. This cordless is great!
    The reason I purchased mine was, I traveled to a warmer climate in winter in my territory. It was not cost effective to fly home for the weekend so I`d stay on the road. With two days to kill I`d wash and detail my minivan. This allowed me to "wax" it on those 3-4 weekend trips a year.
    It proved to be so invaluable I take it on trips to visit family and detail my sisters car and my godmothers car. (I`ve detailed her cars for almost 50 years and she loves it!)

Post Thanks / Like

Is that Ryobi a free spinning dual action random orbital machine?

Thread Information