Post Thanks / Like

anything out there similar to Griots Lithum-Ion Random Orbital polisher?

I`m too lazy to clay a car with a clay bar, and I never liked doing it with my BOSS G15. While I could technically operate it 1 handed, it was a pain. And having to stop every 20 seconds to put down the polisher and grab the lube, meh lol. I see Griots has a one hand cordless polisher, it looks pretty slick. But has a super small battery and low run time. I`m not looking for some uber powerful machine. Just would like something I can use one handed to Autoscrub a car while I use my other hand to spray the lube. I`d like cordless, but I`m buying a battery power station thingy, so I`m also open to a something corded. Googling cordless polishers, almost everything I saw was a Random Orbital sander. I know those don`t work in place of a polisher, well not for correction and LSP. So I`m assuming it would be a poor choice to try and clay disc with.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: anything out there similar to Griots Lithum-Ion Random Orbital polisher?

I have a Camaro, my Griots cordless does the whole car in one battery when using meg’s 205.....
    Glen
    18 Honda HR-V

Post Thanks / Like

Hummm thanks for replying, 15 minutes just sounded short to me. But I guess clay or polishing shouldn`t take that long. I can`t find much at all on the unit review wise, do you like it? Any cons?

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

No downside for me. I get 20-30 min on each batt.....for a new car, its perfect. all i’ve used for 3 years. Still going strong.

Not a prob for me , but it will not do major correction, no speed control. It should be your 2nd polisher if your doing full detailing.....
    Glen
    18 Honda HR-V
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know if this helps but...

I just modified this Ryobi battery op. to fit a 5” pad.

I use it mainly for paste, and liquid wax.
    Use my one+ batteries.
    Do my Malibu on less than 1 batt.

It came with a smooth 6” BP, so whittled it down to fit
    a PC 5” BP that I picked up at the hardware store.

Was able to find a bag too.
    60$ Tops.
    Works for me

Likes SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m invested in a bunch of these cordless systems including Milwaukee & Ryobi. IMHO, the smart man would invent a kit to convert your PC or similar machine into a cordless machine using someone’s batteries.

Apparently it can be done in the 20v range. Of course you would need multiple higher amp batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Hummm thanks for replying, 15 minutes just sounded short to me. But I guess clay or polishing shouldn`t take that long. I can`t find much at all on the unit review wise, do you like it? Any cons?
    A battery should last 20-30 minutes....Its basically for applying wax/sealants to a corrected surface. Like mentioned no speed control. Works great for adding additional wax at G2G`s......

Thread Information