Post Thanks / Like

Uro Wool vs Uro Fiber

I`ve never used much of anything beyond foam for paint correction with the exception of wool on a rotary. I had tried some Rupes microfiber pads that came with my machine and the backing came off before I could get used to them and never pursued microfiber pads any further. I need to replace some of my pads and was thinking of trying one of the uro wool or fiber pads from buff and shine. What I can`t figure out is the main difference in them. Does the wool cut that much better and do either one run much cooler than the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uro Wool vs Uro Fiber

Far from ac pro but my understanding is wool cuts more. I’ve tried B&S micro fiber finishing pads and love them. They are different than their urow fiber pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the LC offerings of wool pads:
    Low Lint Extra Cut Lambs Wool
    Lambswool Foamed Interface Low Lint

After using these two wool pads, I no longer like MF polishing or cutting pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had good luck w Uro Fiber`s and GG Correcting cream, on stuff from Ford to Honda. The fact that it finished so well on a Honda was a real surprise and it finished very well on an older Ford vehicle too.

They`re nice pads that can cut ok and finish out good enough many times it seems. This was with Flex 3401.

I had used them before with other stuff and they were nice but somehow they really like the CC for me.

Edit: Dont know much about wool, only used once or twice and not for long.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t used the Uro Wool or the Uro Fiber. I have used the Rupes wool pads and I am very impressed. They cut faster than a microfiber pad and leave the paint almost LSP ready. I’ve used the Rupes Microfiber pads and I did not care for them either. I use a lot of Meguires Microfiber Cutting Pads and they are much better than the Rupes Microfiber Pads. Pair up Meguires Cutting Pads and Meguires D300 and it’s a tough combo to beat on bad/neglected paint.

I believe both the Uro Wool and the Rupes Wool are a blend of wool and microfiber. Oh yeah, I’ve only used the Rupes blue wool pads, so I can’t vouch for the milder yellow Rupes wool. I just bought a large order of the Rupes blue wool pads from DI (Sorry Autopia) on a nice one day sale. AG sells the Rupes wool pads for $5 more than anyone else. I sent an email to customer support about their pricing but never heard back. Price matching drives me crazy and it never seems to work for me.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wish somebody from Rupes would chime in on how the Rupes wool pads compare to the Cyclo ones (since it`s the same co. these days). Those did *NOT* come close to Finishing out, at least not IME. They sure did cut the clear though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I wish somebody from Rupes would chime in on how the Rupes wool pads compare to the Cyclo ones (since it`s the same co. these days). Those did *NOT* come close to Finishing out, at least not IME. They sure did cut the clear though!
    I don’t know about the Cyclo wool pads, but I wonder from time to time if Rupes plans to update the Cyclo polishers. They went to the trouble of buying the company, it seems like they would have had plans to do something with it or the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I`ll add one or two wool pads from each brand to my order. I`ll be sure to update with some results once I test them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wonder from time to time if Rupes plans to update the Cyclo polishers. They went to the trouble of buying the company, it seems like they would have had plans to do something with it or the name.
    They did, what with the improved balance system and variable speeds (neither of which tempted me). Or at least I *think* those changes happened under Rupes` watch.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wool keeps things cooler too
    But I always found they cut better and finished better too

Thread Information