Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sorry another Newby which machine thread

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I dunno about pad conditioner. I used it when I first started but not much since then.

Guess its individual preference. Would be interested to hear others thoughts as ya never really see it being mentioned much.

Might be worth it to wait and see what sales pop up on the weekend. Although polishers and kits are rarely discounted, with the right sale you *may* be able to save some $$ if you`re buying many pads by buying the individual polisher and then the pads separately as they do qualify for discounts. Also the pad kits (6 pads) are less $$ are usually a bit of a deal as opposed to buying 6 individual pads.

Just gotta do the math to see.

Then again, sometimes ya just wanna buy something *now* in which case math is irrelevant. Sorry another Newby which machine thread
    Ya maybe your right just a bare machine and add what I want. Back on the Rupes 15 MK II

Post Thanks / Like

If I could have only one machine it would be the 3401 no questions asked. If you want to work fast and efficient with professional results, it is an amazing tool. While the 15 mm throw polishers are nice, there are areas where they just don’t perform well. The 3401 you can run up on edge and not worry about stalling and still get the desired correction.

As as a second choice In your situation the GG6 would be it. Also a great machine that can do anything. Just may take a bit longer but if your only doing your personal vehicles, it is a very sound option.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would look into the Rupes Mille polisher. You get both a 5" and 6" backing plates and a little newer technology than the 3401. A direct driven DA polisher is the one to go with if only getting 1 polisher. A longthrow polisher you will see the need of a 3" mini polisher like Rupes mini or Flex XFE7-12 mini or Adam`s Swirl killer mini polisher down the road. Or going with a GG6 polisher with different backing plates. The smoothest polisher without a doubt is the longthrow polishers and Rupes is an awesome machine both the 15mm and 21mm longthrow polisher. I have a 21mm longthrow polisher with a 5" backing plate on it and a Shinemate EX603 mini polisher which is the Adam`s SK mini here in the EU.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

If doing a boss15, I went with this kit. Great package deal. For 15$ more you get 5 boss pads of your choice. Pad conditioner (not neede with enough pads). The flex backing plate.... heard really good and really bad things about. And three awesome microfiber towels. The three towels sell for 15$ and you get 60$ of amazing pads. Definetly best value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Rupes 15 MKII with a bunch of pads, there is a new 3" Griots on Craigslist so will try to pick that up as well if he will break up his package. If not there not much cash if I end up needing one.
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Bladegunner- Welcome to Autopia!

Much as I like my Flex 3401 for serious correction..

1) Non-Pros won`t be doing much of that
    2) It doesn`t finish out nicely enough for me
    3) Many others find it less than user-friendly

I recommend the Boss15.
    I x2 the Boss 15 & use their pads...They`re m/f pads are awesome, add to the order Wolfgang uber, Total swirl remover & tac on Deep gloss paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess ill piggy back here rather than make a new thread,

Im interested in a cordless machine for light polishing only, maybe some wax application. I wont be getting into cutting or correcting. Id prefer cheap as possible. Really my goal is to just take out any light oxidation and micro swirls once a year or so, apartment dweller so no where i can plug in.

Not sure if theres anything designed for what im looking for, im not experienced with machine polishing, im not looking to get carried away, just an added yearly maintenance polish to my routine, and maybe application of a cleaner wax. Looked a bit online and i seem to see only uber cheap bonnet buffers and several hundred dollar machines and really nothing in between.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the battery operated polishers are new technology so expect to pay a higher price until battery technology gets cheaper. Like even with other battery operated tools, the battery can cost more than the tool itself. Skip the orbital waxers as they are a waste of your money. Sorry I don’t have better advice for you. I wouldn’t mind having one of the Flex battery operated models also, but they are out of my price range too.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crunchyblack :

This is one I found and always wondered about .

Good luck and I’m hopeful you will update
    us on whatcha got.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If money is a concern, take a look at the cheap Chinese polisher thread here. if not a concern Rupes or Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    If money is a concern, take a look at the cheap Chinese polisher thread here. if not a concern Rupes or Flex.
    He needs cordless, was their one available on that thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information