Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What $99 gets you...

It’s a 21mm orbit and no 3 incher was offered. I’m starting to think the yellow pad is a Griots. I may contact Dr Colorchip to see where the pads came from and if they want to sell them. I’m always looking for good cheap pads. It has a Rupes type backing plate, so it would be easy to outfit it with a 5 inch backing plate. I’ve got one lying around somewhere since I upgraded my MKII 15 with one of those fancy aluminum deals.

I’ll update this thread with how it performs in a few months.

Again for me it was an inexpensive shot in the dark, kind of like a “Mystery Box” deal. I’ll probably wind up giving this away to one of my friends that are gloss challenged. Lol
    Likes tom p., Coatings=crack, The Driver, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus, Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Will be good review. Lots of folks can’t afford Rupes/flex/griots or just don’t want to invest just getting started. Would be great for their to be affordable long throw out their

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Will be good review. Lots of folks can’t afford Rupes/flex/griots or just don’t want to invest just getting started. Would be great for their to be affordable long throw out their

And/Or get a used MK1 or MK2 from GG or Rupes. I picked up a mint duetto in Box for 150 shipped off ebay. CL has similar deals.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    And/Or get a used MK1 or MK2 from GG or Rupes. I picked up a mint duetto in Box for 150 shipped off ebay. CL has similar deals.
    CL?

Post Thanks / Like

CL?

Nvr mind.... craigslist

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my first polisher an 21mm longthrow polisher for around 75$ here in Sweden. It works good and have great power. The thing needed right away where to get another backing plate. The original backing plate was horrible quality and would break down for many after 1-2 polished cars. But with have known that when I bought it. I got me a Shinemate 5" backing plate which have been working great. Sure the quality is not high on the polisher. But for me who would do 2-4 cars a year and maybe not even going to be polishing anything cause of the fysical injuries I`ve got. The 75$ for this or 560$ for a Rupes and just the polisher and no kit. The choice where easy to do in my situation. Know when thinking of an upgrade it`s Rupes or Flex or the EU Griots Garage like offering Shinemate. So for a first timers polisher those cheaper polishers has it`s place I think. As it`s a lot of money to be starting to polishing. And you all know what you need with a polisher. Pads and polish and LSP and mf towels and decon products and to keep it great looking great washing and drying products. That counts up to a lot of money before even starting to polishing. So knock off or not the price is very important for many people.

For an 3" I got a Shinemate EX603 mini polisher which I think is what Adam`s Swirl Killer Mini is too. Those 2 many holds higher than the Rupes Mini polisher. The Flex Mini I think is on top in those though. But for most bang for the buck it`s easy.

Rlmccarty nice finding and will be fun to hear what you think about it. And great to get a couple of great pads with it. Be carefull to not overwork the Sonax pad as they are not made with longthrow polisher in mind. They have released new pads for longthrow polishers now and are available on AGO and maybe here too.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, JustJesus, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

For an 3" I got a Shinemate EX603 mini polisher which I think is what Adam`s Swirl Killer Mini is too. Those 2 many holds higher than the Rupes Mini polisher. The Flex Mini I think is on top in those though. But for most bang for the buck.
    Yes I’m pretty sure they make adams 15mm so assume the make the 3”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I’m pretty sure they make adams 15mm so assume the make the 3”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The rabbit hole is deep. Lol. If you really want to have your mind blown go to Alibaba and start searching for polishers and ceramic coatings or microfiber towels. I’ve actually got better customer support from Alibaba.com than any other place on the web. I’ve had sellers email me asking if I received my items! Mind blown.
    Likes tom p., JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of these polishers. I had a Rupe`s 21mm way back when they were first available to us in the USA. I quickly realized that the 21mm orbit was not a very practical and would only be used on certain hoods, roofs, doors and trunks. I decided to sell and ended up with a BOSS15 and the Rupes Mini to be more versatile (I have an Adams Mini Swirl Killer too now - killer price too). So I can barely remember what it was like using the Rupes 21mm. This $99 polisher works pretty damn good. I only need to run it at 4-5 setting, seems to have plenty of power and has not got too hot during use. It has a solid made feel to it too. The cord is a bit too short. It is smaller than my BOSS15 and lighter. I`m glad I held onto the 7" Rupe`s pads that I had.

The BOSS15 is still my go to for most polishing, but I`m looking forward to using this 21mm polisher on the big flat panels. The amount of pad movement on a 21mm machine is crazier than I had remembered.

For $99 this may have been the best deal on a detailing product I have ever had.
    Likes JustJesus, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s made by Clover, good machine with good gearing !
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a cutting step a Dodge Challenger with this polisher and MF pads and FG400. The polisher did fine. Never felt like it lacked power. It runs very cool temperature wise too.
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I just did a cutting step a Dodge Challenger with this polisher and MF pads and FG400. The polisher did fine. Never felt like it lacked power. It runs very cool temperature wise too.
    How was the vibration? I was watching YT videos on some of the $99`ish polishers. And people seemed to love many of them, which just tells me how overpriced the name brand ones are. @ 99 bucks this would be a stupid thing to pass up on.

Post Thanks / Like

What $99 gets you...

I’m sure their quality machines out their but I’m always a “ buyer be ware”. I’m all about sppending and saving money. Spend if it’s needed but keep it when not.

I felt like D/A’s were one where I could save some money.... I did some looking on the interwebs and found out Maxshine/Shinemaster was a big manufacturer of D/A’s.

The make Griots polisher and the DasPro6 which is a very popular and recommended machine in Europe. The make their own line of polishers so I thought I try.

I ordered their M15 (15mm LT) and it vibrated more than a gg6 returned it as I was in luck AG had a sale where I basically got the boss g15 for $250 and it came with 5 boss pads (11$ ea value) and a 3 pack of their 530 supreme towels ($20 value). Basically came with things I was gonna but anyways so bought that. Smooth as butter.

Next maxshine came out with the M15 pro. It uses NSK bearings and has cnc machines counter weight. Got to try it and it still vibrates more than G15 although it has all the fancy parts of a Griots. Also although I didn’t notice (didn’t use much) read it has stalling issues which i don’t have with the boss.

In conclusion I felt the pro was nice machine and at the $365 regular price vs maxshine $200 or if your doing very few cars and don’t mind a little more vibration I feel it was quality machine. If this is your profession the minimal more investment for a long term tool you’ll use I feel is worth it.

I’m a weekend warrior but felt the smoothness and life time warranty were worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve also got the $60 polisher from them. Have used it a bit, works well, decent power. My son used it for an extended session and it got VERY hot. I think he destroyed a pad or two, and did some damage to a backing plate. Quite surprised to see this. He did not have enough sense to let the machine cool off. OTOH, I can`t ever remember feeling the need to stop and let a machine cool off during a session. I don`t recall experiencing that..

Post Thanks / Like

What backing plate does it have? 6"?

Is there a 5" replacement backing plate available?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information