Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to decide, got it narrowed down to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I am not an expert but it seems to me only 1or 2 companies make these polishers and rebrand them to who ever wants their name on it. I had the Hyet 21mm awhile back and it vibrates to much for these seniors arms , hands...
    I started a thread awhile back to try to archive those manufacturers and the brands they produce. They produce their own domestic brands and then they also produce white label for US based companies like Griots, Torq, Mequiar`s etc... I was told when I purchased my Clover 21mm prior to shipping that they were going to select for me an unit that had the least vibration so that indicates to me that there are units of the same model that vibrate less most probably due to the variables of the mating of the main gears. Like most products in the PRC these days the products are already built/made in at least 2-3 model/price categories and buyers from Europe and North America simply pick the models they want and the price they want to pay to have it custom labelled. This is where the "Made in China" brand gets the bad rap as greedy buyers pick the lowest cost items and try to sell it at the highest retail price tag. A large local brick and mortar chain store here have weekly specials on power tools that can be 70% off the regular retail price and they still make a profit after that just goes to show you how much they paid for it wholesale. For example a 250ft/lbs electric powered torque gun that normally sells for $179.99 often goes on sale during the fall and spring for less than $49.99 when tire changing season rolls around, I got mine for $44.99 and paid for it self just after one use changing the tires on my two cars ! ...LoL
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    I started a thread awhile back to try to archive those manufacturers and the brands they produce. They produce their own domestic brands and then they also produce white label for US based companies like Griots, Torq, Mequiar`s etc... I was told when I purchased my Clover 21mm prior to shipping that they were going to select for me an unit that had the least vibration so that indicates to me that there are units of the same model that vibrate less most probably due to the variables of the mating of the main gears. Like most products in the PRC these days the products are already built/made in at least 2-3 model/price categories and buyers from Europe and North America simply pick the models they want and the price they want to pay to have it custom labelled. This is where the "Made in China" brand gets the bad rap as greedy buyers pick the lowest cost items and try to sell it at the highest retail price tag. A large local brick and mortar chain store here have weekly specials on power tools that can be 70% off the regular retail price and they still make a profit after that just goes to show you how much they paid for it wholesale. For example a 250ft/lbs electric powered torque gun that normally sells for $179.99 often goes on sale during the fall and spring for less than $49.99 when tire changing season rolls around, I got mine for $44.99 and paid for it self just after one use changing the tires on my two cars ! ...LoL
    I have a 21mm cocraft 720p longthrow polisher which I think is made from a clover 21mm. It`s a copy of the Rupes 21ehs. They had big problems with the 150mm backing plate on the 720p. I was aware of this and bought a 125mm Shinemate backing plate right away. The 720p was around 100$ So since I was getting into polishing it was a good first polisher. Know the 720p has been updated with the same housing but they switch to it to be a 15mm longthrow polisher instead and a 125mm backing plate. It has just came out so will see what the reviews is of them later. I do have gotten the detailing bug so a Rupes polisher is soon to be bought. Just thinking of which to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I have a 21mm cocraft 720p longthrow polisher which I think is made from a clover 21mm. It`s a copy of the Rupes 21ehs. They had big problems with the 150mm backing plate on the 720p. I was aware of this and bought a 125mm Shinemate backing plate right away. The 720p was around 100$ So since I was getting into polishing it was a good first polisher. Know the 720p has been updated with the same housing but they switch to it to be a 15mm longthrow polisher instead and a 125mm backing plate. It has just came out so will see what the reviews is of them later. I do have gotten the detailing bug so a Rupes polisher is soon to be bought. Just thinking of which to get.
    Wasn`t it Rupes that had needed the washer mod to start with ? ...LoL
    Clover currently is offering the 2018 model CT9015/CT9021, their older models looks like the Rupes, by the newer one looks like the Maxshine M21 with the Flex style handle with the speed dial on the side now.

Old Clover

Newer 2018 Clover CT9000 series with laser engraved custom white labeling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Which leads me to the Makita I was looking at, don`t think I want a forced rotation. I do this for the pleasure, and at my skill level,
    that Makita would be work.

Plus I can`t get past the color, of all things !
    I actually LIKE the way the Makita looks. I really do. I`m more of a Flex guy, though. But still, even with two 3401s on hand, I still really looked at the Makita. Just like how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Here you go Mary

Yeah, I like the way this one looks too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I actually LIKE the way the Makita looks. I really do. I`m more of a Flex guy, though. But still, even with two 3401s on hand, I still really looked at the Makita. Just like how it looks. Yeah, I like the way this one looks too!
    I was fancying the Makita the last detailing season and then read it only has a 5mm(or was it 8mm ?) throw and free spin mode was dismal ...which at over $300usd+ made me look for other options.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you. At that price range, and with already two 3401s, and various free spinners, no need for it. I`m sure I would never have used it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is Chinese machine overload....figuring out all these different machines.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information