Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try the new Jescar polishes?

Thanks for your input, you guys.

I just noticed that Jescar has a trio of new polishes available - Correcting Compound, Medium Polish, and Micro Finishing Polish.

At first glance, it appeared that these were a reworking of FG400, 2500, and 3800, but from what limited information I could find, this does not appear to be the case.

Has anybody tried these yet, and if so, can they give me an indication of whether it would be worth trying them over my tried-and-true FG400/2500/3800?

Thanks so much for any help!

Have a great week, everybody!
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone try the new Jescar polishes?

The medium polish finished out LSP ready on a GMC Denali in black. It did not need a finish polish! This customer had used the tunnel wash/brushes for 88,000 miles. The medium removed the swirls no problem. The rids were still visible if you tried to find them .

Anyone try the new Jescar polishes?-car-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, TTBear liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    give me an indication of whether it would be worth trying them over my tried-and-true FG400/2500/3800?
    That trio is SO GOOD, and you have experience with it, so it`s gonna be hard to beat. But we Autopians always try to beat our best. The only thing I`ve ever used that *may* have taken 2500 out of the game for me was HD Adapt, and we know what happened to THAT stuff.

Sorry, I`m not helping, other than to say that FG400/2500/3800 is gonna be hard to beat along with your Intellectual Property regarding working times and the oils in these polishes. Personally, I would try a little higher up the food chain than Jescar, such as Sonax Profiline, Polish Angel, or maybe Scholl, if you want to *try* to beat Menzerna.

My 2c. There`s folks on here that don`t like Menz.
    Likes TTBear, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jescar and Menzerna are very similar products from essentially the same company.
    Purple Towel Detailing
    FB + IG: @purpletoweldetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
    Jescar and Menzerna are very similar products from essentially the same company.
    Kinda, sorta, maybe, maybe not? From 2015 explanation.

FWIW, and it ain`t much, I find Jescar preferable, less oily, cleaner wipeoff.

I don`t post very often but noticed this discussion so I thought I`d explain what we have done with our product line and the introduction of Jescar Finishing Products.

Jescar has been the representative and importer of Menzerna products since 1978 for the North American market. Jescar has been supplying buffing and polishing products and supplies to industrial finishing market such as furniture, musical instruments, metal finishing, and automotive beginning in 1999. Our concentration in the guitar market led to our development of Jescar fret wire which is now the international standard for all guitar manufacturers. Our work in the automotive market began with supplying the OEM assembly plants with newly developed polishes that proved to be great performers against the major existing supplier. We entered the detailing market by introducing some of Menzerna`s OEM polish formulations, and the products were very well accepted by the detailing community. We soon realized that having only a medium compound and a polish were too limited, so we worked with various international chemical companies to develop our own high performance products that were not available from Menzerna. The result was our Power Lock polymer sealant, followed by Paint Refresh detail spray and Color Lock carnauba wax, all sold under the MenzernaUSA brand as supplements to the core Menzerna polishing compounds. With the success of these MenzernaUSA products and requests to expand the line further, we made the decision to rebrand the MenzernaUSA products under our Jescar company name. The result is our new brand name, Jescar Finishing Products. This decision coincided with the new Menzerna labeling program which was necessary to create an international labeling standard that did not exist before.

With the rebranding to Jescar we took the opportunity to improve the Power Lock with additional advanced polymers, and now the product is known as Power Lock Plus. Color Lock and Paint Refresh will remain the same formulations as before. We are nearing completion of our development of additional new detailing products that will be introduce in 2016. This will expand our Jescar Finishing Products offering to provide a complete system of Menzerna polishing compounds with innovative detailing products from Jescar.

We are working on the redesign of the Jescar website which will have two major sections: Jescar products for the guitar/musical instrument market and Jescar Finishing Products for compounds and detailing products.

I hope that this explanation provides some insight into our new direction and would be glad to answer any questions about our new product lineup.

Jeff Silver

Jescar Finishing Products

MenzernaUSA
    Likes TTBear, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks TTBear, Stokdgs, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all of you guys, for your super fast responses.

I definitely agree - I reeeeeeally like the FG400/2500/3800 combination - I use it almost exclusively.

Thanks again - have a great week, all!

Current:

2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all of you guys, for your super fast responses.

I definitely agree - I reeeeeeally like the FG400/2500/3800 combination - I use it almost exclusively.

Thanks again - have a great week, all!
    Hello, Mi Amigo Allan !
    Hope all is good up there with you and yours ..
    Having used all the Menzerna line since the early 2000`s on, I can only say great things about how well they have worked on all German paint and actually just about all other paintwork..
    I ran into Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish about 2012 I believe, and it proved to also be outstanding on German paint; at that time, I was working out of a German Car Repair Shop in Issaquah, WA.. This product really made paint clear, glossy, and "squeaky" clean when rubbed off with a microfiber... Amazing, dustless product...

Then, when coatings got very popular, there was a lot of talk about Sonax having put fillers in their product, which was supposed to be bad for a coating, but no one could ever conclusively prove that, to my knowledge..

Then, it kind of faded away, of course, because a zillion new products come out every year, no ??

But I still like it and use it occasionally when the needs warrant it.. I know for a few years back then, Sonax had their name all over the Mercedes/McLaren Formula-1 car I believe...

It leaves very clear, glossy, smooth, and squeaky clean finishes... How can that be bad??
    Dan F
    Likes BudgetPlan1, WaxAddict, TTBear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hello, Mi Amigo Allan !
    Hope all is good up there with you and yours ..
    Having used all the Menzerna line since the early 2000`s on, I can only say great things about how well they have worked on all German paint and actually just about all other paintwork..
    I ran into Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish about 2012 I believe, and it proved to also be outstanding on German paint; at that time, I was working out of a German Car Repair Shop in Issaquah, WA.. This product really made paint clear, glossy, and "squeaky" clean when rubbed off with a microfiber... Amazing, dustless product...

Then, when coatings got very popular, there was a lot of talk about Sonax having put fillers in their product, which was supposed to be bad for a coating, but no one could ever conclusively prove that, to my knowledge..

Then, it kind of faded away, of course, because a zillion new products come out every year, no ??

But I still like it and use it occasionally when the needs warrant it.. I know for a few years back then, Sonax had their name all over the Mercedes/McLaren Formula-1 car I believe...

It leaves very clear, glossy, smooth, and squeaky clean finishes... How can that be bad??
    Dan F

Hi Dan!

All great up here, thanks - hope it is the same, with you and yours.

Thank you once again, for your sage thoughts.

Sonax is a brand that I have never considered. On your recommendation, I feel I better pick some up .

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Current:

2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dan!

All great up here, thanks - hope it is the same, with you and yours.

Thank you once again, for your sage thoughts.

Sonax is a brand that I have never considered. On your recommendation, I feel I better pick some up .

Have a great weekend, my friend!
    Jescar Compound AND polish are WAY better than FG400 & 3500. The compound has slightly less cut than FG400 but a significantly longer buffing cycle and a much easier removal. It works much better on long throw polishers and is one of the best compounds on the market for use with microfiber pads. It`s also the easiest compound I`ve ever used with rotary & wool.

I recently tried the new Jescar AIO Polish & wax and it was truly horrible. The sealant sweats terribly and unless you are applying it on a soft foam pad with low speed it`s hard to remove. As a HUGE fan of the compound and polish I honestly didn`t think it was possible for jescar to go wrong and I certainly didn`t expect them to make an AIO worse than Menzerna`s AIO in terms of user friendliness. I still use Menzerna AIO occasionally on boats or cars with alot of oxidation when I need a product that`s extremely oily, but I doubt I`ll ever use the rest of my bottle of Jescar AIO.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, TTBear, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    Jescar Compound AND polish are WAY better than FG400 & 3500. The compound has slightly less cut than FG400 but a significantly longer buffing cycle and a much easier removal. It works much better on long throw polishers and is one of the best compounds on the market for use with microfiber pads. It`s also the easiest compound I`ve ever used with rotary & wool.

I recently tried the new Jescar AIO Polish & wax and it was truly horrible. The sealant sweats terribly and unless you are applying it on a soft foam pad with low speed it`s hard to remove. As a HUGE fan of the compound and polish I honestly didn`t think it was possible for jescar to go wrong and I certainly didn`t expect them to make an AIO worse than Menzerna`s AIO in terms of user friendliness. I still use Menzerna AIO occasionally on boats or cars with alot of oxidation when I need a product that`s extremely oily, but I doubt I`ll ever use the rest of my bottle of Jescar AIO.
    Good information - THANKS!! Now I am back thinking that I`ll buy some Jescar stuff, hahaha

Current:

2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping up an old thread.

I sent an email to Mr. Silver of Menzerma USA/Jescar Finishing Products and I was telling him how much I liked Menz 400/3500 and he offered to send me a bottle of Jescar compound and a bottle of polish to review. It’s easy for me to change LSPs but changing polishes is a whole different thing. Working times, pad choices, wipe off, cutting ability, etc all differ and are hard to dial in. When I receive the bottles I’ll test them side by side with my Menzerma products and post the results.
    Likes Stokdgs, ShaneB, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your results. I`m still in the hunt for a good swirl remover/compound to use on hard German Paint. I love the Blackfire Products, but the 32oz bottles are a no-go for me as a bottle that size would probably last a lifetime at the rate I go through product.

I just noticed AG has the medium polish, which isn`t sold here. Odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Bumping up an old thread.

I sent an email to Mr. Silver of Menzerma USA/Jescar Finishing Products and I was telling him how much I liked Menz 400/3500 and he offered to send me a bottle of Jescar compound and a bottle of polish to review. It’s easy for me to change LSPs but changing polishes is a whole different thing. Working times, pad choices, wipe off, cutting ability, etc all differ and are hard to dial in. When I receive the bottles I’ll test them side by side with my Menzerma products and post the results.
    rlmccarty2000:
    Looking forward to your review as well.
    This brings up a good point on compounds and polishes and which ones are THE Holy Grail or silver bullet for vehicle correcting and polishing.
    There are some NEW compounds and polishes being introduced by car-care manufacturers, like Meg`s M110 and M210 and HD One.
    And until we Autopians get some verifiable and believable real-world reviews on them from other Autopians, like yourself, they are unproven new product offerings, even if they sound like the next-best-thing-since-sliced-bread.

I also see that Rupe`s has developed NEW a compound and a polish specifically for their new rotary polisher. I wish someone would do a review of those. Seems Long-Throw Dual-Action (LT-DA) buffing machines have gotten all the attention.
    That`s why I am not sure that there is a compound and polish that will be the one-size-fits-all anymore, considering you have rotary, LT-DA, Orbital DA, and Direct Drive DA machines to contend with these days, not to mention the pad types of wool, foams of ALL types, and microfiber.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    rlmccarty2000:
    Looking forward to your review as well.
    This brings up a good point on compounds and polishes and which ones are THE Holy Grail or silver bullet for vehicle correcting and polishing.
    There are some NEW compounds and polishes being introduced by car-care manufacturers, like Meg`s M110 and M210 and HD One.
    And until we Autopians get some verifiable and believable real-world reviews on them from other Autopians, like yourself, they are unproven new product offerings, even if they sound like the next-best-thing-since-sliced-bread.

I also see that Rupe`s has developed NEW a compound and a polish specifically for their new rotary polisher. I wish someone would do a review of those. Seems Long-Throw Dual-Action (LT-DA) buffing machines have gotten all the attention.
    That`s why I am not sure that there is a compound and polish that will be the one-size-fits-all anymore, considering you have rotary, LT-DA, Orbital DA, and Direct Drive DA machines to contend with these days, not to mention the pad types of wool, foams of ALL types, and microfiber.
    I know what you mean. I have no real problem with LSPs and switching them around. Coatings (to me) just are a bit more difficult to apply than a sealant. I just started working on a black BMW. It took me about an hour to figure out what polish/pad combination would be the one to get my best results and I still wonder if maybe there would be something I could use to get the most gloss (ocd). I checked out what other detailers had used to get good results and tried a few different things before using my favorites 400/3500 and maybe jeweling it with 3800. I know how much polish to use and how long to work them, where new polishes have a learning curve.

The Jescar polishes are zero VOC formulations and are not supposed to smell bad. I’m not one to worry about the smell as long as it works. Now if I have a choice and the non smelling one works just as good I’ll choose the one that smells the least. I rarely try to smell any detailing product, it’s not aftershave. The only product I can’t stand the smell of is Iron-X and I use it because it works.

The new Rupes polishes are interesting. Their blue compound is made for their blue pad which I hate and refuse to use. I tried to use the Rupes green pad and I still got sling. I want to work cleaner and more efficiently. I figured it was going to sling and I did everything in my power to keep it from slinging and it still slung polish everywhere. I grabbed my favorite microfiber pad-no sling. I might try the Rupes blue polish on their new blue wool pads or the yellow polish on the wool yellow pads. The finish with the blue wool pads amazed me. CarPro is selling Rupes wool pads in 3 inch and2 inch sizes now, hopefully PBMG will stock them soon. Lately PBMG seems to be slow to stock new items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Agree. I`m always hesitant to try anything without a review or two from someone not associated with the retail outlet where it`s sold or the company itself. I`m also greatful for vendors who will will give out samples for testing and review since this greatly helps the process by reducing the financial risk on the person doing the testing. I`d love to contribute, but unless it`s a product everyone goes through quickly like shampoo, QD, or bug remover, I`m not much of a help since I only maintain a fleet of three cars and a few random jobs for family members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information