Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone try the new Jescar polishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Agree. I`m always hesitant to try anything without a review or two from someone not associated with the retail outlet where it`s sold or the company itself. I`m also greatful for vendors who will will give out samples for testing and review since this greatly helps the process by reducing the financial risk on the person doing the testing. I`d love to contribute, but unless it`s a product everyone goes through quickly like shampoo, QD, or bug remover, I`m not much of a help since I only maintain a fleet of three cars and a few random jobs for family members.
    Hesitant to ‘try’ something without further opinion? Way to make up your own mind based on personal experience.

I highly recommend exploring products fully yourself to establish opinion and reduce bias.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents about the OP, I have used about one 32oz bottle of jescar compound and it is excellent. AND is sun friendly. Buffed a few cars out in direct sunlight and it works great. Finishes LSP ready on all but the softest paints (for the average detailer). Would still follow up with the finishing polish (also excellent) if I were going to install a coating or was going for perfection. Only gripe is it is very oily and getting every last bit of it off the surface can be frustrating without the use of a paint cleaner like carpro eraser or geyon prep. I would like to see something from jescar with a little more cut however because I do still find myself reaching for M101 when I really need a lot of cut. If they could get something with the same level of cut as M101 and still be as easy to use as Jescar compound that would be excellent
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Hesitant to ‘try’ something without further opinion? Way to make up your own mind based on personal experience.

I highly recommend exploring products fully yourself to establish opinion and reduce bias.
    I have a shelf of sample bottles all in the stages of being tried for the very purpose of seeing which works best for my uses. I rarely buy the same product twice for this very reason as well. However, there has to be a starting point and having objective reviews/tests to create the "short list" is helpful. Manufacturer claims are all laughable after the marketing departments get through with them and of no practical value.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a shelf of sample bottles all in the stages of being tried for the very purpose of seeing which works best for my uses. I rarely buy the same product twice for this very reason as well. However, there has to be a starting point and having objective reviews/tests to create the "short list" is helpful. Manufacturer claims are all laughable after the marketing departments get through with them and of no practical value.
    Did someone say Beadmaker?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are way too many products on the market to try them all yourself. One of the purposes of this forum is for like minded people to review products so everyone does not have to buy everything. If something gets a bad or mediocre review I just skip it. Rarely do I buy products until they have been on the market for awhile (Mothers CMX is a rare one and only because I trust Forrest). You can’t believe the manufacturers claims and even if you do different products work differently based on where you live and it’s climate. Manufacturers really don’t know how a product is going to work in every possible situation. A diverse forum assists in choosing the best product for your needs.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, TTBear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your results. I`m still in the hunt for a good swirl remover/compound to use on hard German Paint. I love the Blackfire Products, but the 32oz bottles are a no-go for me as a bottle that size would probably last a lifetime at the rate I go through product.

I just noticed AG has the medium polish, which isn`t sold here. Odd.
    Have you tried the Scholl`s line? The S3 Gold works great on swirled out black Mercedes and Porsche paint. The S20 does a little correcting, but is best as a finishing polish. I have used it with the Scholl Spider pad (blue is the cutting pad, I think) and some orange cutting pads, as well as on Meg MF cutting pads. I used the S3 on the black MB with a MF pad, and got by without a finishing polish.
    Corey is my local detailing supplier, and he carries that line.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try the new Jescar polishes?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    There are way too many products on the market to try them all yourself. One of the purposes of this forum is for like minded people to review products so everyone does not have to buy everything. If something gets a bad or mediocre review I just skip it. Rarely do I buy products until they have been on the market for awhile (Mothers CMX is a rare one and only because I trust Forrest). You can’t believe the manufacturers claims and even if you do different products work differently based on where you live and it’s climate. Manufacturers really don’t know how a product is going to work in every possible situation. A diverse forum assists in choosing the best product for your needs.
    Sure.

I forget this forum is commercially focussed.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure.

I forget this forum is commercially focussed.
    Not sure I get your meaning. Commercially is defined as “in a way that is concerned with buying, selling, and making a profit.” While I do quite a bit of the “buying” I don’t sell and darn sure haven’t profited(monetarily) from this forum. The active members of this forum are here to expand their knowledge about how to best maintain their vehicles or improve their skills and gain information to get better at their profession. Profit may be an end result for some members, but monetary profit, even for the pros, by being here is way down the list of why people are here. I realize you are new here, but you may have noticed it is more of a family here than many other forums. We may have disagreements, but when we do they are normally worked out without drama.

If I misunderstood your meaning I apologize in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Not sure I get your meaning. Commercially is defined as “in a way that is concerned with buying, selling, and making a profit.” While I do quite a bit of the “buying” I don’t sell and darn sure haven’t profited(monetarily) from this forum. The active members of this forum are here to expand their knowledge about how to best maintain their vehicles or improve their skills and gain information to get better at their profession. Profit may be an end result for some members, but monetary profit, even for the pros, by being here is way down the list of why people are here. I realize you are new here, but you may have noticed it is more of a family here than many other forums. We may have disagreements, but when we do they are normally worked out without drama.

If I misunderstood your meaning I apologize in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ah yes, much like every other forum.

Good to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information