Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GG Correcting Cream w B&S Uro Fiber

Flex 3401, speed 4 to 4.5, 4 passes.

Not too bad for a 2011 busted up work van with 120k miles. Had these pads for over a year, never really used em much. Hmmm...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG Correcting Cream w B&S Uro Fiber

Nice!

Intresting that it worked great with the 3401vrg. What I have only heard they have problems with mf pads. Have you noticed that with other mf pads on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Never used any microfiber w/ the Flex. When these first came out, it was mentioned that the lower pile was suitable for forced rotation. 6" pad on the Flex seems to get a little `tacky` on the surface after more than 4 passes and it can be a rough ride if you get outta sorts but quite surprised how they finish. Vans like this used to be a definite microfiber compound/foam polish 2-step deal but in this case, one pass will be enough.

Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads are designed to fully maximize the detailing potential already seen in microfiber pads. With a 25% lower pile than traditional microfiber pads, Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads also feature a blend of two different microfiber grades into just one pad. These two features, never before seen in a microfiber pad, allow you to cut, polish and finish in just one step!

While the black and white fibers found in the Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads lead to an overall attractive appearance, they are for so much more than just looks. With both cutting fibers and polishing fibers blended together into one pad, you are now able to remove light to moderate scratches and swirls, polish to perfection, and buff to a high shine in just one pad! Although, of course, you will need a clean pad for each step.

A blend of both cutting and polishing fibers creates the perfect pad for each step of detailing - in one!

Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads feature a low profile, making them perfect for use with virtually any machine polisher. While Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads were designed for long throw or high action polishers originally, they can successfully be used with any type of polishing machine. With a total thickness of just 3/8”, Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads will conform to the needs of its user.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Nice!

Intresting that it worked great with the 3401vrg. What I have only heard they have problems with mf pads. Have you noticed that with other mf pads on it?
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great and time saving!

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Griots BOSS microfiber pads with my Flex 3401 with no problems.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t even think of using the uro-fibers on my flex. I`ll have to try this machine/combo out. I love these pads with my long throw. Been playing around with the uro-fibers and Blackfire One Step and I think it`s a great one step option. Thanks for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1 and BadgerRivFan- Thanks for posting about using those with the 3401, always interested to hear what does(n`t) work well with that unit. I`d already been consider those for my long-throws...
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget,

You have got to have the nicest service vans/vehicles of any business in your area. The service techs who drive these trucks must love it when you wash/experiment on the fleet vehicles. I’ve been interested in trying the Uro-fiber pads. These results have me even more interested. Thanks for all your work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1 and BadgerRivFan- Thanks for posting about using those with the 3401, always interested to hear what does(n`t) work well with that unit. I`d already been consider those for my long-throws...
    I absolutely love microfiber cutting pads. Even though meguiars microfiber cutting pad probably cuts the most, it also creates the most heat and friction.

Between the uro-fiber cutting pads and the latest Lake Country microfiber cutting pads, it`s incredible just how much better their performance is on a long-throw polisher than Meguiars MF cutting pads. Megs MF cutting pads have terrible hook and loop backing & some of them barely stick even when brand new.

The foam interface on the uro-tecs and LC microfiber cutting pads disperse heat WAY better and they stand up to WAY more uses.

On thing I am always shocked by is the amount of guys using microfiber cutting pads without compressed air. If you don`t have compressed air to blow out the spent compound and paint residue & you don`t plan on switching to a new pad after every section pass, then you`d be better off using a foam cutting pad.
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Budget,

You have got to have the nicest service vans/vehicles of any business in your area. The service techs who drive these trucks must love it when you wash/experiment on the fleet vehicles. I’ve been interested in trying the Uro-fiber pads. These results have me even more interested. Thanks for all your work.
    I`m guessing there`s not too many coated service vans running around NE Ohio

Fortunately the owner likes shiny vehicles and indulges me when things are slow in the off season.

This van was a quick whim, it`s actually a very nice metallic burgundy paint and even though pretty tattered, looks pretty cool in the sun when shined up. Hadn`t done one this color yet this year and wanted to try the Uro Fibers which I got, specifically because they were touted as good for the Flex somewhere. Scholls w blue spider pad wasn`t near getting it done.

Will be nice to get back to the occasional car when Spring breaks but gotta work with what I got in the winter...fleet vans/trucks.

Nice to have rolling test panels; all vehicles/products have done remarkably well over the past year. Sure, they get scratched and dinged but pretty much look shiny and clean (enough) to appear always freshy washed during the Spring/Summer pool season just by getting rained on.

A Tech was fitting out his van today, one I had coated last year and was wanting to wash it so I gave him the ONR stuff. And then the Gyeon Prep. And then the Gyeon CanCoat...now he`s good thru mid summer at least.

Kinda funny that coatings, generally thought of by many as for high-end or OCD-ish situations, really do well in fleet situations...akways look good with little to no maintenance. Don`t look perfect all the time but definitely solid, shiny, clean looking vehicles.

As for the Uro Fibers, was very pleasantly surprised at how they finished. Didn`t get to some of the deep stuff (maybe M101 would help) but were right for the situation/circumstance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    I absolutely love microfiber cutting pads. Even though meguiars microfiber cutting pad probably cuts the most, it also creates the most heat and friction...
    Ah, interesting comparison! I really like the Meguiar`s MF Cutting Disks, zero complaints though I wouldn`t mind more cut.
    Between the uro-fiber cutting pads and the latest Lake Country microfiber cutting pads, it`s incredible just how much better their performance is on a long-throw polisher than Meguiars MF cutting pads. Megs MF cutting pads have terrible hook and loop backing & some of them barely stick even when brand new.
    Huh, guess I`ve been lucky, mine lasted quite a while.

The foam interface on the uro-tecs and LC microfiber cutting pads disperse heat WAY better and they stand up to WAY more uses.
    I can appreciate the better durability, but come to think of it, I`ve never had the heat be an issue. Maybe because I only work most (aggressive) products for *VERY* short work times.

On thing I am always shocked by is the amount of guys using microfiber cutting pads without compressed air. If you don`t have compressed air to blow out the spent compound and paint residue & you don`t plan on switching to a new pad after every section pass, then you`d be better off using a foam cutting pad.
    I generally agree, though I`ve tried cleaning out MF pads with a towel and even that way they cleaned up a lot easier than foam for me. Not that I try to clean foam pads on-the-fly very often, so much easier to just get out another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    I have compressed air but haven`t used it to clean LC Microfiber pads in-process. I use a terry cloth hand towel and spin the MF pad on that a few times, then I "comb" the pad with a brush to stand up the fibers, then go back to town. I might go through 4 or so terry cloth towels during this process. I recently used two pads on hard BMW paint and this procedure worked fine.

The compressor is just too loud and messy, IMO, but I will concede that it`s the best way, just not the only way.
    Likes Stokdgs, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I have compressed air but haven`t used it to clean LC Microfiber pads in-process. I use a terry cloth hand towel and spin the MF pad on that a few times, then I "comb" the pad with a brush to stand up the fibers, then go back to town. I might go through 4 or so terry cloth towels during this process. I recently used two pads on hard BMW paint and this procedure worked fine.

The compressor is just too loud and messy, IMO, but I will concede that it`s the best way, just not the only way.
    Was it with mf cutting pads and compound you did this with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post

Terry Towel and a brush just won`t get the spent residue cleaned out completely nor will it fluff the fibers like compressed air will. Plus, just wetting the sides of a 5 gallon bucket prior to blowing pad residue out with compressed air really contains any mess or dust. Plus, now I never have terry towels to wash!

Post Thanks / Like

Was it with mf cutting pads and compound you did this with?
    Yes, Menz 400 in the last case. Also PB 2.5.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information