Post Thanks / Like

B&S Pad Recommendation for GG6

Gonna be working on a Honda paint and wanted to pick up a few more pads

I have 3 Orange and 3 White B&S 5.5" pads and thinking of getting another set for the Perfecting cream.

Do you recommend the green or blue pad? My car doesn`t need heavy correction so ill probably do 2 pass of the Correcting cream with a white pad and then finish it off with either green or blue pad for perfecting cream.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B&S Pad Recommendation for GG6

Not real familiar with most B&S pads, but had great success on my Honda with the orange hydrotech pads.
    Likes Stokdgs, dschribs, eKayze liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eKayze View Post
    Gonna be working on a Honda paint and wanted to pick up a few more pads

I have 3 Orange and 3 White B&S 5.5" pads and thinking of getting another set for the Perfecting cream.

Do you recommend the green or blue pad? My car doesn`t need heavy correction so ill probably do 2 pass of the Correcting cream with a white pad and then finish it off with either green or blue pad for perfecting cream.
    I honestly think the white heavy polishing pads finish as good if not better than the green and blue. maybe try the b&s uro-tec yellow or white foams.
    Likes Civicclutch, eKayze liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While I`m not familiar with B & S flat pads, I can kinda equate them to LC flat pads perhaps? If that is indeed the case, I would think the orange and white B & S equate to LC flat orange and white, in which case, I`d guess you could get a nice finish using the Perfecting cream with the white B & S pad.

When I first started with this stuff, I had a set of 6 orange LC flat pads to use with a medium polish (like Correcting cream, WG Total Swirl Remover, Menzerna 2400) and then finished with a white polishing pad with a fine polish (Griots Perfecting cream, WG Finishing Glaze, Menzerna 3500) on a black Subaru with light swirling/marring and it finished quite nicely using GG6.

Perhaps you would be better served getting another 3 orange and another 3 white to get a full `set` of 6 orange and 6 white. Generally, more pads the the better if doing an entire care at once `sitting`. Even cleaning pads on the fly doesn`t get them always clean; more pads the better, for me.

Perhaps somebody more familiar with B & S pads being using with Griots Correcting and Perfecting Cream(s) could shed more light on the topic.
    Likes eKayze liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use both colors. The green has more cut, but finishes decent IMO, so I`ll use that if I`m trying to do a AIO job. If I`m compounding with an orange or yellow pad and leaving some haze, I`ll finish polish with the blue, especially on softer paints, which in my limited import experience, includes the few Hondas I`ve done.
    As always, your mileage may vary.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i would spend the money on a 4" backing plate and some 4" pads. I can`t get by without them. I might use 60% 5.5" pads and 40% 4" pads. But Sometimes I`m lazy when I have a 4" loaded up and I just do the whole panel with it!

I think you`re fine with Orange and white. Sometimes I wish I had less colors of pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been real happy with their euro fiber pads as they can do both cut and finish depending on compound or polish. Although on soft Honda paint to do a final polish the b&s euro tech works amazingly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You will be fine with orange and white. A lot of times you can finish out Honda paint with a pad dependent compound or a AIO and a orange pad. Honda paint is soft but it does not have the habit of having certain compounds "stick" to it. It`s not a finicky soft paint. Almost everything I have ever used glides right over it without any problems. The heavier cut pads I would grab more of them. You lighter cut pads I would get less. Idea being less work less residue and dirt less pads needed. With correcting cream you should be more then happy with a one step using either a orange or white. On lighter colors correcting cream and orange pad and it will look stunning. If you want to push it further maybe that last 5% You can try on a finer pad or go to a finishing polish. Just follow the directions on the bottle of correcting cream and your good. You can try doing one more pass with no pressure and see if it pumps up the gloss anymore. You have the luxury of the massive open time on CC to test a few more passes. Chances are with the multitude of exceptional heavy and medium cut compounds out there going to a finishing polish is usually the only thing you can do to amp it up that extra 5%

Post Thanks / Like

I will go ahead and just add an Orange and White pads so I can keep fresh pads per panel.

Thanks for everyone`s suggestion
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eKayze View Post
    I will go ahead and just add an Orange and White pads so I can keep fresh pads per panel.

Thanks for everyone`s suggestion
    If you`re going to add orange and white pads I`d suggest 3 of each. Here`s and article by Mike Phillips regarding how many pads you should have: How many pads do I need to buff out my car?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

If you have ever thought about upgrading machines in the future, as in going to a longer stroke, make sure that you get pads that will work well with the GG6 and a future machine. I made that mistake, I currently have a GG6 and would love to upgrade to a 15mm throw machine, but I currently have about 25 LC CCS 5.5" pads that won`t work efficiently on a long throw. 5.5" is a great size, and LC just introduced an updated version of the CCS that is now 7/8" thick, which is more conducive to the movement of a log throw DA, luckily I also have a good number of MF pads. Just make sure that the pads you`re getting will work nicely with longer throw machine, unless you want to go forced rotation in the future.
    Likes Civicclutch liked this post

Thread Information