Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for some Griot`s / BOSS pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Initially about 8 pea sized drops and smear it around, then 2 pea sized drops when necessary to reload. Don’t just assume a paint is one way or another due to maker - you never know - always do like you said and perform a test spot! Any questions once you get rolling I’m always happy to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    The white pads aren`t personally for me but they do work well when you get the hang of them. For me it`s MF all the way though.
    Thanks for the input guys. Mike - I`m grateful for everything I`ve learned since lurking/joining here and AG. The test spot is something that never occurred to me when I started out 10+ years ago - All I knew was what I`d read in the catalog. I do this, then this, then this... Oh the things you learn. Now I know to start building the game plan with a test spot(s) before going large scale. I`m looking forward to finding out how the different (test) areas respond based on factory/respray.

Chad - Thanks for the advice on the pads as well. I don`t as much free time to dedicate to the process as I`d like, so if there`s a learning curve with the white pads, I feel like it`s best to pass on those for now.
    Not that the microfiber pads are hard, but they`re different enough I`m still getting used to them. I think mainly I`m worried about going too aggressively (pressure or speed) with them and wrecking them from inexperience.

I used to be able to get behind the buffer a lot more often; these days I refer to detailing as my aspirational hobby - I`m aspiring to have the time to make detailing my hobby again.

I think I`m going to look into picking up some Fast Correcting Cream through the trade/sample threads - I just can`t justify getting a whole bottle for how much I`ll use/be able to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Mike - I`m grateful for everything I`ve learned since lurking/joining here and AG. The test spot is something that never occurred to me when I started out 10+ years ago - All I knew was what I`d read in the catalog. I do this, then this, then this... Oh the things you learn. Now I know to start building the game plan with a test spot(s) before going large scale. I`m looking forward to finding out how the different (test) areas respond based on factory/respray.

Chad - Thanks for the advice on the pads as well. I don`t as much free time to dedicate to the process as I`d like, so if there`s a learning curve with the white pads, I feel like it`s best to pass on those for now.
    Not that the microfiber pads are hard, but they`re different enough I`m still getting used to them. I think mainly I`m worried about going too aggressively (pressure or speed) with them and wrecking them from inexperience.

I used to be able to get behind the buffer a lot more often; these days I refer to detailing as my aspirational hobby - I`m aspiring to have the time to make detailing my hobby again.

I think I`m going to look into picking up some Fast Correcting Cream through the trade/sample threads - I just can`t justify getting a whole bottle for how much I`ll use/be able to use it.
    I buy it by the gallon if you want a sample to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I buy it by the gallon if you want a sample to try.
    That would be Huuugely appreciated. PM Sent.

Post Thanks / Like

The Boss 15 m/f pads work killer......
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information