Post Thanks / Like

Flex PE8 Kompact

So I`m looking at polishers mainly for the 1" 2" pads. Currently using PC7427xp for 3" and G21 for 6". I`m looking at this one mainly because of price compared to the IBrid. With that being said I have never used a Rotary tool which I`m not sure how much that will matter just yet as I`m probably going to run this on the lowest speed for just small spot buffing and headlight restoration.

Is there anything good or bad that I`m missing? Should I double my money and get the IBrid?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex PE8 Kompact

Well here`s a recent event I had with my Ibrid

Very Displeased with Ibrid

That being said. They fully took care of it both times. I did purchase a pe8 for back up. It`s a great tool with plenty of power. But still can`t reach into some areas a Ibrid can. Being I do this for a living I need to have the ibrid on deck just in case. If you are just a weekend warrior then the pe8 should suffice.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to work on paint, I`m just too hologram-paranoid to buy something that`s rotary-only. For other surfaces, and for work around the house, I bet it`d be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely just a weekend warrior at this point. With 90% of the work I do being on full size pick ups. There are just some areas that are a definite pain to get to with the PC. Ultimately I would like to upgrade my 3" polisher to the new flex or Rupes as well.

Justin I saw your thread last week which is actually what made me think about this more than just picking the IBrid due to size and the areas you can get into. I might go with the PE8 at first and if I decide I need the Ibrid after that I can always get it down the road.
    Likes Justins00ss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    When it comes to work on paint, I`m just too hologram-paranoid to buy something that`s rotary-only. For other surfaces, and for work around the house, I bet it`d be fine.
    That`s another worry that I have . I have zero experience with a rotary so I don`t know if I would be doing more harm than good.

Post Thanks / Like

And I have a decent amount of experience with the rotaries! I`m just SO zero-tolerance about holograms..but yeah, doing those troublesome areas by hand sure can get old. One of these days I bet I`ll wake up and have to have the ibrid.

IME the whole "rotary-induced damage" thing is vastly OVERstated, just doesn`t happen to me..I`ve never caused actual damage with one, even when I was an ignorant/inexperienced kid working on single stage. But OTOH, I also believe that the hologram issue is vastly UNDERstated. Some genuine Rotary-Meisters I know (who shall remain nameless ) have admitted that even *they* sometimes get `em, and I`ve had "absolutely hologram-free" vehicles that absolutely WEREN`T when I inspected them under the right conditions. And what really bugs me is that I`ve had holograms that were *incredibly* hard to remove, even though "hey, holograms are always very shallow!" Scare-quotes intentional as I spent an awful lot of time and effort fixing those shallow little things.

Eh, just one of my pet peeves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    And I have a decent amount of experience with the rotaries! I`m just SO zero-tolerance about holograms..but yeah, doing those troublesome areas by hand sure can get old. One of these days I bet I`ll wake up and have to have the ibrid.

IME the whole "rotary-induced damage" thing is vastly OVERstated, just doesn`t happen to me..I`ve never caused actual damage with one, even when I was an ignorant/inexperienced kid working on single stage. But OTOH, I also believe that the hologram issue is vastly UNDERstated. Some genuine Rotary-Meisters I know (who shall remain nameless ) have admitted that even *they* sometimes get `em, and I`ve had "absolutely hologram-free" vehicles that absolutely WEREN`T when I inspected them under the right conditions. And what really bugs me is that I`ve had holograms that were *incredibly* hard to remove, even though "hey, holograms are always very shallow!" Scare-quotes intentional as I spent an awful lot of time and effort fixing those shallow little things.

Eh, just one of my pet peeves
    I fully agree here and if I cause holograms and weren`t able to remove them in those small areas. That would make me crazy. Maybe I should get both and use the PE8 to broaden my horizons on other tools to use and the IBrid to have for one I need something I`m familiar with

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Flex PE8, great little rotary.
    Also a great little holo-maker.
    What I use more now is the Adam`s
    Swirlkiller mini 12mm longthrow, with rotary adapters and 1" & 2" BPs.

1" BP

2"BP

It`s a bit underpowered for a 3", but with the small BPs It`s great.
    Extra long cord too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have PE8, I like it for small area and quick work on my truck but I love it for Headlights and love it for Fiberglass gel coat work on my boat. If you can afford it I would say its worth it just for headlights alone.

Thread Information