Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amateur Looking for Good Budget DA

Ok, guys. Stop fighting, at least in my thread.

The videos on the HF are pretty compelling, assuming they`re honest. I will report how it does for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to mess up your thread. Hope whatever you get works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    My posting that stated who was using the HF had nothing to do with "who" was using the HF, and more as a counter to the "HF polisher is junk/poorly made/won`t hold up" statements often being encountered. The people above (and I have identified two who are well known, undoubtedly there are others, but the others can`t be seen using their HFs) make a living at detailing and paint correction. So those two are using the HF, and they use them day in and day out. They work them hard doing a lot of detailing and paint correction with the HF, and it stands up fine for them. So, in order to address the topic at hand directly, the HF is a "...Good Budget DA" that holds up, and is good and powerful enough to do the work for not only an amateur, but holds up in professional use, too.
    The expert has spoken and he doesn`t even own a HF, but he believes what`s on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that buying a HF is a no brainer because of the low cost and usability . Look, it`s totally adequate. Mine is now demoted to using with a carpet brush, but its good with a 3 inch bp or 5-6 inch if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mass. Wine Guy;2117346]
    I can spend up to about $130. Harbor Freight is too cheap and poorly made according to reviews. Bought a TorqX but looking to return it for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I think that buying a HF is a no brainer because of the low cost and usability . Look, it`s totally adequate. Mine is now demoted to using with a carpet brush, but its good with a 3 inch bp or 5-6 inch if need be.

The Griot 6" is on sale for $135 and the OP has a budget of $130..to me that`s a no brainer. With a lifetime guarantee and great support from a very reputable company that`s a no brainer. With 70% of the guys answering this thread including me, recommending the Griot6.
    Likes pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me toss in my experience and suggest something to consider. I have had my Porter Cable (7336 - the prehistoric model) for going on 20 years. It`s been dropped, banged and generally abused over the years and like the old Timex ads...it just keeps on ticking.

I will admit it now only applies waxes and sealants now but it did all the correction and fine polishing I needed with the right BP, pads and liquid products I used. It worked very hard for about 12-14 of those 20 years and, again, is still going.

$124!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information