Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher for disabled person

Thanks everyone! You are all so kind to give me your advice. I will go with the HF one and the Lake Country pads.
    Also, thank you for your supportive words on the big C. This is my second time with it, but this time it`s a rare form that less than 2000 people a year get, so under researched, and non treatable. I always knew I was special but GEE whiz....never wanted to be THAT special!! That`s why I just bought my little red Miata. I`d really like to get her paint in shape while I can. No worries....all is good!!! I still have WAY too much to do!!
    ​Fight like a Girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your illness, but with the determination you have already written about, I`m sure you can beat it.

The HF polisher is probably your best bet if you want a new DA, and can be modified to bring down the vibration some (see Youtube videos regarding grease repacking)/ If you can find one in your area, the PC 7424CP. used, usually goes for less than $100, and is a revision of the polisher that got machine detailing off the ground. You should replace the backing plate on either machine with a backing plate for 5.5" pads, as that is the easiest pad size to use, one of the most common, and will make the most of the available power (especially with the PC 7424XP). The Griot`s Garage GG6 sometimes may be had at just about $100 if you catch a sale or get lucky and find one on clearance. Then again, from what I understand, HF has 20$ off coupons in most major papers in the US that are near HF stors, so the HF will still be the cheapest possible DA.
    Likes Ocean Winds liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am upgrading my Porter Cable this week. If you PM me your address, it`s yours. Still works perfectly.

Best wishes for combating your illness; you seem to have a very resilient spirit.
    Being p!ssed off is better than being p!ssed on.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so kind. I PM`d you.
    ​Fight like a Girl!

Post Thanks / Like

I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity of a fellow forum member, ManiZ. He is shipping me his polisher as a gift. I never expected such kindness. One thing I`ve learned thru all my cancer is, I`ve had so many people come to my aid. When I was first diagnosed, all my friends were there, and I needed them. My husband was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis right before my cancer so it`s been extra difficult. All the kindness we receive, we pay it forward. I`m so touched by the support, kindness and again, generosity of this forum. Thank you everyone!
    ​Fight like a Girl!
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information