Re: New polishers?

This entire hobby is geared towards wants over needs. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes CerceS550, KBsToy, danlc95, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    The Rotary is "ok" IMO. I have it, it`s definitely smooth but louder than the PE, no variable trigger either. I like it but I prefer PE any day.

That`s odd, it seems the new one being released in the states WILL have a variable speed trigger. Also the RPM range is 450-1700 which is honestly the perfect range for me as a detailer. Is this the same design as the one you own?
    Likes Todd@RUPES liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Rotary is "ok" IMO. I have it, it`s definitely smooth but louder than the PE, no variable trigger either. I like it but I prefer PE any day.
    There is a new rotary released, called the LH19. If you own one, you have the LHR18.

The LH18 was the first double-gear reduction rotary. It is still a great tool, but the design is a little long in the tooth. The FLEX PE-14 is fantastic. It is also a double -gear reduction polisher that was released about 10 years after the LH18. I agree with your assessment that while the LH18 was the first double-gear reduction rotary, newer models were quieter.

We used to get asked "when is the LH18 coming to the US / Give us a rotary guys" but we didn`t want to bring something to the US unless we could be confident that it was a class leader. The rotary tool is RUPES` number one selling product world wide. This is why development has been on going for years. I was first shown the drawings and heard the concept for the LH19 when in the small town of Bratislava, Slovakia in December 2014.

If the LH19 just equalled the PE-14, then I`m sure everybody would be satisfied. The PE is really awesome (and until recently my favorite rotary). However, the LHs19 is now the third-generation of double-gear reduction rotaries, and something we are very very proud of. The ability to run at low RPM is amazing, the torque is crazy, and a lot of investment of time has been paid towards the ergonomics.

On top of that, we have a world-class team which consists of the crazy engineers who changed the polishing world with the BigFoot and an excellent innovative product developer in Jason Rose working hard to have a series of new, in house, polishing compounds and pads that will compliment the RPM range of the new rotary. Stay tuned, RUPES is just warming up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Anyone find it funny that on the same day Makita "revealed" their new polisher that Rupes did the same?
    I did think it was interesting that the Makita launch was pushed up by a day or two when the mystery thread became overrun with positive comment about RUPES. It is really humbling when I see things like that because of I am so appreciative of the people who support us and get our message, our investment into quality, and our commitment to hiring the best developers, trainers, etc.
    Likes mc2hill, Mary B, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    There is a new rotary released, called the LHR19. If you own one, you have the LHR18.

The LHR18 was the first double-gear reduction rotary. It is still a great tool, but the design is a little long in the tooth. The FLEX PE-14 is a great tool. It is also a double -gear reduction polisher that was released about 10 years after the LHR18. We used to get asked "when is the LHR18 coming to the US / Give us a rotary guys" but we didn`t want to bring something to the US unless we could be confident that it was a class leader.

If the LHR19 equalled the PE-14, then I`m sure everybody would be satisfied. The PE is really awesome. However, the LHR19 is now the third-generation of double-gear reduction rotaries, and something we are very very proud of. The ability to run at low RPM is amazing, the torque is crazy, and a lot of investment of time has been paid towards the ergonomics.

On top of that, we have a world-class team which consists of the crazy engineers who changed the polishing world with the BigFoot and an excellent innovative product developer in Jason Rose working hard to have a series of new, in house, polishing compounds and pads that will compliment the RPM range of the new rotary. Stay tuned, RUPES is just warming up.
    I will be looking forward to it! What other machines do you recommend? I have a converter/step down at the shop so we can run any and all tools from any country regardless of plug or power req.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did think it was interesting that the Makita launch was pushed up by a day or two when the mystery thread became overrun with positive comment about RUPES. It is really humbling when I see things like that because of I am so appreciative of the people who support us and get our message, our investment into quality, and our commitment to hiring the best developers, trainers, etc.
    I must say as someone who seeks out the best and hates to buy things twice, there are very very few companies that let me down. The scary part is that number is dwindling fast, I`d say were down to select few companies at the shop left. Rupes, Festool, Metabo, Scangrip, Gedore, Wera, Wiha & Knipex.

Rupes will always be my go to for my polishers & the festool shinex rap 150 sucks (Far too loud)
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Wondering if I need a new polisher....
    Hey Ron, I am going to try (hard) to bring a Mille to the Advanced Class we are teaching in Orlando on June 30th and July 1st. I will let you know if I can make it happen, if you`d like a small test drive?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be looking forward to it! What other machines do you recommend? I have a converter/step down at the shop so we can run any and all tools from any country regardless of plug or power req.
    It really depends on what you are working on, right?

I had a guy ask me, "what`s the single tool for me to buy?"... I arrogantly replied that, hands down, the LHR15 MKII is my favorite. He looked puzzled. Why? Because he worked on motorcycles.. so lesson learned.

My favorite tools in the random orbital line up are the LHR15 MKII and the pneumatic LHR75. With those two tools I can polish 95%-99% of any vehicle. For really tight spots, I love the TA-50 with the Nano 2-inch pads.

If I don`t have access to air, then I swap the LHR75 for the LHR75E and the TA-50 for the always versatile Nano w/ IBrid.

In my personal experience and testing, the LHR21 MKII will produce more cutting power than previous gear driven machines, on flat surfaces. For the Mille, we wanted something that was not only faster cutting than other gear driven machines, but also faster than the 21 (which proved harder to do). However, we succeeded and are very confident in how we stack up. So if you need more cutting power than the LHR21 MKII or LHR15 MKII, or you are working on a lot of really curvy surfaces, then the new Mille will fit the bill.

And, of course, the rotary system will produce the absolute highest potential cutting action, but always comes with the highest risk of swirl marks and/or burns.

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what you are working on, right?

I had a guy ask me, "what`s the single tool for me to buy?"... I arrogantly replied that, hands down, the LHR15 MKII is my favorite. He looked puzzled. Why? Because he worked on motorcycles.. so lesson learned.

My favorite tools in the random orbital line up are the LHR15 MKII and the pneumatic LHR75. With those two tools I can polish 95%-99% of any vehicle. For really tight spots, I love the TA-50 with the Nano 2-inch pads.

If I don`t have access to air, then I swap the LHR75 for the LHR75E and the TA-50 for the always versatile Nano w/ IBrid.

In my personal experience and testing, the LHR21 MKII will produce more cutting power than previous gear driven machines, on flat surfaces. For the Mille, we wanted something that was not only faster cutting than other gear driven machines, but also faster than the 21 (which proved harder to do). However, we succeeded and are very confident in how we stack up. So if you need more cutting power than the LHR21 MKII or LHR15 MKII, or you are working on a lot of really curvy surfaces, then the new Mille will fit the bill.

And, of course, the rotary system will produce the absolute highest potential cutting action, but always comes with the highest risk of swirl marks and/or burns.
    Now I have access to everything, I recently partnered up with a restoration shop. We have a separate facility for for autobody/paint and then a finishing/detail/assembly shop. We have a brand new quiet air system, that said I have all the all basic electric Rupes, 21 MKII, 21 Legacy, 15 MKII, LH75E, Nano. LH18ENS & the PE14 (We use the PE`s a lot).

No pneumatics yet, trying to find some good sanders for restoration wetsand work, I was also thinking about a few tiny pneumatics for very small/precision work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`m curious about the rotary too! I can`t imagine it being any smoother than my PE-14 and it looks like it may be larger as well. Maybe someone can post a pic side by side but I love my PE-14.
    it can go all the way down to 100RPM too.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan, when will the new Rupes be unleashed into the world?
    Is there a release date for the new polishers?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a release date for the new polishers?
    im hoping after SEMA so i dont go broke buying all these new machines lol

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 15 mk2 vs rotary:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BT-HDo0DjJa/

If mille beats Rupes 21, then its the most kick ass polishing machine on the planet I might sell my Flex and get that Rupes rotary too
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E

Post Thanks / Like

Im probably going to be in the market sometime this summer for a gear driven DA and was originally thinking flex for the obvious reasons. This post has me leaning toward this new machine. I`m curious to see some side by side comparisons on how they both perform against each other

Post Thanks / Like

Anone tested it yet? If its smooth and beats 21 then its a must have. I dont like vrg at all.
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information