Thread: Flex XFE7 Noise

Post Thanks / Like

Flex XFE7 Noise

This thread is to discuss what the Flex XFE7 sounds like when free spinning with no pad in the air (air spinning).
    When I air spin my XFE7, there is a noise that I hear and want to know if it`s normal, or not.
    I would like to record the sound and post it, but I am going to try to see if the sound can be confirmed as normal, or not without posting a video with sound.

So, the noise occurs at all speeds, is inconsistent, sounds "gravely," and--to me-- sounds like loose meshed gears with no grease. I hear a normal "base noise", as in how you think a polisher should sound, but with the added sound I described one sentence ago.

Can anyone confirm if their XFE7 sounds like what I described?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XFE7 Noise

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    This thread is to discuss what the Flex XFE7 sounds like when free spinning with no pad in the air (air spinning).
    When I air spin my XFE7, there is a noise that I hear and want to know if it`s normal, or not.
    I would like to record the sound and post it, but I am going to try to see if the sound can be confirmed as normal, or not without posting a video with sound.

So, the noise occurs at all speeds, is inconsistent, sounds "gravely," and--to me-- sounds like loose meshed gears with no grease.

Can anyone confirm if their XFE7 sounds like what I described?

Thank you.
    It is normal, they actually just added a sticker onto new polishers saying that the rattling noise is normal and is caused by the bearings.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XFE7 Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Autopia View Post
    It is normal, they actually just added a sticker onto new polishers saying that the rattling noise is normal and is caused by the bearings.
    Thanks for replying. I saw the sticker and it explained the loose balls they used as a balancing system that cause a quiet ratteling noise when the machine is turned off and shaken, but the noise I described I would think is unrelated to the balancing system. Maybe I`m wrong. I figure Flex wouldn`t let a machine go out of its facility making such a noise, however, I just wanted to confirm that this is normal.
    BTW, it seems like a fantastic machine. Build quality seems top-notch, just like the 3401. I know it has plenty of power, and then some, when I felt it run at speed 6.
    I am excited to get to try out this new toy.

Thread Information