Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss pads vs Rupes pads

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Thoughts on the different manufactures pads. I`m ordering a new machine w/ pads + ordering addition pads since I`m there. Yeah IK the Rupes pads are thicker vs the Boss ones. I`ve used the Boss pads, so maybe I`ll go w/ those + I`ll toss in some m/f pads too.
    Simple. Rupes pads with rupes machines. Boss pads with the Boss machines.
    Likes danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I primarily use Rupes pads with my Rupes machines, but I like to use other than Rupes polishes sometimes, then I reach for a different manufacturers pads. Rupes yellow is my favorite pad to finish out paint after a microfiber with FG 400. If I`m going for a little extra pop I use I like CarPro Gloss pads with a variety of fine polishes. Like all Autopians it`s hard not to play around with all the great products on the market and different paints need different products.
    Likes Joel79 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like Rupes yellow and white pads but not blue and green also i think megs mf discs are smoother than rupes.
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
    I like Rupes yellow and white pads but not blue and green also inthink megs mf discs are smoother than rupes.
    My thoughts exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Boss pads vs Rupes pads

I called & talked to Will, had no idea which way I was going to go. Ended up w/ ordering the G15 w/ the boss pads & yea a couple m/f ones too. I already had the Rupes blue/yellow, so I ordered the green & ultra fine polish + WG`s uber compound also. Heard & read lots of great comments about it. Any how kudos to Will here at Autopia. Thanx again Will, great help.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    They`re all good pads and each have their pros and cons IMO. Staying within a system will obviously minimize vibration but the only Rupes pads I liked were the yellow and white. The green and blue are too firm for my taste and I always cut with MF anyway, plus the Megs MF Finishing pads run like butter on both Rupes and BOSS tools. I will say I prefer the BOSS pads overall but their thin design can also make polishing more challenging on some complex curved panels. The thicker foam of the Rupes pads allow them to contour better but IMO the diameter of the pads is too large and I prefer the more traditional sized 5" and 6" pads.

Tons of good pads to chose from today and I honestly don`t think you can go wrong with anything from LC, B&S, Rupes, Megs, or Griot`s. I have and still use pads from all 5 of them, regardless of tool.
    Man those Griots m/f pads work awesome. Next order will be more Griots m/f pads. The Wolfgang uber works awesome vs other compounds that I used. Super smooth all around including laying on my back for the rockers.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Man those Griots m/f pads work awesome. Next order will be more Griots m/f pads. The Wolfgang uber works awesome vs other compounds that I used. Super smooth all around including laying on my back for the rockers.
    Yes they do! 99% of all my cutting is done with these pads. The 3" are great too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information