Post Thanks / Like
    I need to vent.

Carmon Red Metallic is NOT soft. And this one looks like this:

So having gotten to like the D300/OptMF pad combo I was all fired up about how this would more or less be a piece of cake. I have a supply of the new B&S MF cutting pads and had assumed they would cut better then the Opti`s. Not really. I had hoped they would but a quick side by side and, on this car at least, I can`t see the difference. After two passes on the bonnet it looks like this:

I`ve become so happy not having to deal with the marring (and dust!) from M105 that I`m more then reluctant to go that route.

Anyone have suggestions?
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    MF cutting pad with either M-100 or M-101, HD-Cut , or Menzerna FG-400. Top choice would be M-101 if its really hard ceramic clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    M-100 and Car-Pro Cool Pad Hybrid. So loving this combo for hard paint. M-101 would probably be even better.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The carpro cool wool and cool hybrid pads are a good choice for cutting hard clears too. Used in conjunction m100 or m101 you will have some serious cutting power.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.

Don`t have M100, etc. Going to have to stay with what I have. May try a SurBuf...

I`ll post back.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any M101. If you need some let me know. I can get it out in the mail to you tomorrow if so I need to know before 12pm eastern time cause thats when the post office here closes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer ww2717!

Using a SurBuf and D300. The little hazing (no marring, if you believe it) is being removed with a B&S Green pad.

Just to mention, this 911 must have been compounded early in it`s life. Spoke with the owner and he said he`s owned it for five years and has never ever waxed it during that time. But there are area`s that measure 2.5 Mils and areas that measure 7!

So I`m going to take it slow and lots of defects will remain; but 2+Mils?

I`ll post the after pics in a couple of days and pick up some M101 in the meantime.

BTW -where back East? Can I get a Pastrami Sandwich instead :whistle:
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t feel like this project belonged in `Click and Brag` so I thought I`d just post the results here.

After trying various combo`s of the pads/products on hand I decided on Optimum Hyper Compound Spray and Opti Cutting pads. Mostly because I wanted to use up some of he product I had on hand as well as it seemed to work as good as any of the other combo`s I tried.

I skipped the SurBuf - a bit to heavy on the marring. I finished with, and here`s where I feel I erred... Menz 4500 with a B&S polishing pad. I probably should have eaten the time and done a 3 step and followed the compounding with 85rd then 4500. LSP is Zymol Glasur. Pulled the wheels and Opti Coated.

Here`s the result:

~Albert Einstein

Thread Information