Thread: Griots Polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    What are people`s opinion on the most recent Griot`s polisher? I was thinking of selling my old Porter Cable for one? Is this an upgrade? Also, what are the opinions on their polishes. Do they do a good job?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the new version 3 griots but I have only done 1 car with it so I can`t really give you a good evaluation of it. Griots polishes are very mild when you compare them against other brands. What I can tell you is that I like the new shape of the V3 of the Griots da and the new place where the power switch is now positioned. I still need to do about 10 cars with different paint hardnesses using different pads and polishes to get a good feel as to how it performs against V2 of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The V3 internals are the same as the V2 (even states this on the Griots webpage)--the only changes are ergonomic which seem to be appreciated by those who have used it. I think you will find that most feel the GG has considerably more power than the PC--especially the earlier PCs. Of course the lifetime warranty is still in place which IMO is a huge advantage.

I`ve only tried Machine Polish 3 and found it to be very mild so it is religated to polishing our Corian counter tops. If you`re looking for great polishes consider HD Cut, Polish and UNO.

Post Thanks / Like
    jw- I have the previous model of GG 6" polisher. Utterly superior to my PCs, no comparison at all. If you`re even *slightly* inclined to get one, just do it

As for their Machine Polishes, I`d *MUCH* rather use something else. My GG MPs just sit on the shelf, and I did use them for quite a while until I finally asked myself "what the [#^$&] am I doing with this stuff?!?" and gave up on them. Kinda funny how I was using professional stuff before, with good results, and then struggled with the GG MPs for so long

Thread Information