Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I received my PCXP a week ago and was able to test it out on a section of my 99 Cougar.(repainted 3 years ago) I removed the spoiler to see what it would do to a small 10"x15" section on the trunk lid.

First I used white Lake Country pad with M105 but it wasn`t cutting the deeper scratches as you can see in the pictures below. I switched to an orange LC pad and it took care of the deeper scratches better but I can still see them.

After that I used M205 on a black LC pad which did its job.

My question is is should I experiment with a more aggressive pad (yellow LC) on the RDS patch or are the scratches to deep to correct with M105 with different pad. Open to suggestions!

Pictures:

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless it`s a show car, I think a few passes with orange LC and 105 will get out 99% of what you need it to. You can always try the LC yellow and see how it works for you. 205 with LC white is a tried and true combination also. If you do other cars, experiment, as every car is so different, what works on one car won`t necessarily work on another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Unless it`s a show car, I think a few passes with orange LC and 105 will get out 99% of what you need it to. You can always try the LC yellow and see how it works for you. 205 with LC white is a tried and true combination also. If you do other cars, experiment, as every car is so different, what works on one car won`t necessarily work on another.

You are probably right. I might try out some yellow and 105 on some bad spots but it looks like orange and 105 will take care of most of it. I will try the 205 on white as well. I have seen a lot of 105 on white pad then 205 on a black pad as a two step combo but i will see how the white and 205 finishes down as a second step. What speed do you suggest for the white/205 combo? 4ish?

Also this is just the DD, so it is my try things out car

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Sudsalot
    You are probably right. I might try out some yellow and 105 on some bad spots but it looks like orange and 105 will take care of most of it. I will try the 205 on white as well. I have seen a lot of 105 on white pad then 205 on a black pad as a two step combo but i will see how the white and 205 finishes down as a second step. What speed do you suggest for the white/205 combo? 4ish?

Also this is just the DD, so it is my try things out car

Thanks!

On a PC, I always go speed 6 for 105/orange, and speed 5 for 205/white/black. Just see how the paint responds and adjust accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve said it a million times before, but the Tuf Buf black wool pads completely own any foam pad, or any other pad that I`ve ever tried with a DA, when it comes to cutting.

Thread Information