Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Purchased the 25ft. cord version thru Amazon.

As I placed the DA back on to the top of my cart, my `evil twin brother` wasn`t paying attention and it hit the floor.

Just called Griot`s about a repair and they will REPLACE it free of charge upon receipt.

I`ve never received such great customer care in my life. Kudos to Griot`s.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, they`re awesome for customer service. I returned one of mine to get repaired, and they`re replacing it with a new one but I have to wait until the end of the month. Seems they are out of stock (this was three weeks ago).

Post Thanks / Like
    LeMarque- Yeah, Griot`s is generally pretty good about stuff like that, unless you somehow "overdo it" as I did...and they got over it eventually.

Did the fall actually kill the polisher, or just mess it up a bit? I`ve dropped mine a few times and while it`s a bit worse for it, as long as it still works I`m not worrying about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    LeMarque- Yeah, Griot`s is generally pretty good about stuff like that, unless you somehow "overdo it" as I did...and they got over it eventually.

Did the fall actually kill the polisher, or just mess it up a bit? I`ve dropped mine a few times and while it`s a bit worse for it, as long as it still works I`m not worrying about it.

When it fell it must have hit the backend of the handle `cause the speed dial got trashed and that black backend is held by plastic clips and those broke as well
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one from auto geek, after awhile it stopped. Got replacement from Griots. My other one died. Ordered from BJ`s. Griots says ask BJ for replacement, We can`t help you. BJ only exchanges within 30 days only. Now I am stock. In a way it is good, the new 3D PC is coming out anyway. No more griots for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ That`s odd, they never asked where I bought it from or for a receipt, and I`ve warrantied twice with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Kyle - my 2nd Griots machine just died. This was purchased From Buy.com I believe. Same thing happened, Burning smell and the unit just turned off. How do we replace this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thomas Dekany

Harris, Kyle M kmharris@griotsgarage.com

May 3

to me

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the email. If the orbital or any products we`ve manufactured are purchased through an outside vendor such as Buy.com, Auto Geek, Auto Anything, etc. all returns and warranty claims must go through them, we cannot accept returns without having a record of the purchase in our system. If Buy.com refuses to process your return, please let us know. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just said that`s odd, not provide proof ... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t want you to think I was BSing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I ordered one from auto geek, after awhile it stopped. Got replacement from Griots. My other one died. Ordered from BJ`s. Griots says ask BJ for replacement, We can`t help you. BJ only exchanges within 30 days only. Now I am stock. In a way it is good, the new 3D PC is coming out anyway. No more griots for me.

3D PC? I haven`t heard of this, is it going to have more power to even up with the GG6 and G110v2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it will. Stand by

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure glad I kept my 7424XP for backup. Before I bought mine all I read was "Greatest R/A ever, great service" now I read all this .. Neither of my PCs ever even hickupped all the time I had then even after dropping.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Sure glad I kept my 7424XP for backup. Before I bought mine all I read was "Greatest R/A ever, great service" now I read all this .. Neither of my PCs ever even hickupped all the time I had then even after dropping.

Yeah well, you don`t have "an evil twin brother"
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque
    Yeah well, you don`t have "an evil twin brother"

But I think sometimes Murphy lives at my place.....
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas--From Kyle at Groits --

"Thank you for your email and I`m thrilled to hear the machine worked so well for you and gave you great results on your car. Most online vendors offer a 30 day warranty. If something goes wrong with the orbital within the 30 days, the machine needs to be returned to the business it was purchased from. If the orbital malfunctions after the first 30 days, it can be returned to us for exchange. We must receive the defective product before shipping a replacement. If the customer needs a replacement product immediately, the customer must place a new order and we will refund the customer for the replacement once we receive the defective product. So that we are able to identify the return, the customer should include their name, address, and original place of purchase on a note inside the package, or include a copy of their original receipt along with a completed return form that can be found on our website here. Unfortunately, refunds cannot be provided because we do not have record of the purchase. If the customer wants a refund, they MUST go through the retailer the product was originally purchased from."

At least you`d have a back up to your 3D unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information