Post Thanks / Like
    Lake County had given the new hybrid pads to a number of detailers but have not seen a whole lot of reviews. The pricing is similar to the CCS and HT but still more than the flat pads so at least that is not a negative.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    They look really nice, but for cutting I`m sold on MF. Still use foam for finishing though and think I`ll pick some of the white & black hybrids to see how they compare to the standard foam.

From a reseller`s ad:

Years of careful research and development have led to Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pad System! This innovative collection of pads is made from all new, state-of-the-art foam compositions you won`t find anywhere else. Each pad has a denser composition to provide more control and superior cutting or polishing action. Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pads stand up to the rigors of machine detailing, time after time.

What makes Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pads different? Think of it this way: you wouldn`t use a soft foam sponge to apply a polish. The abrasives would get lost in the cells. Tighter and dense foam is better to keep the abrasives in contact with the surface being polished. Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pads take that rationale a step farther with ultra dense foam compositions that keep the product on top of the foam, where it belongs.

Due to high density foam, these pads are long-wearing and maintain their shape through many uses.

Each pad, with exception to the wool pad, features a 45 degree bevel around the edge (pictured) that allows constant pressure across the surface. The pad face is flat to allow full contact with large panels. The beveled edge makes it safe to cut in close to vertical panels.

Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pads are available in the following types of foam:

6 inch Hybrid Wool Polishing Pad – This wool pad is similar to the regular purple foamed wool pad but has more foam in the core, making it denser. The foam-wool composition means this pad sheds less, cuts better, and leaves a smoother finish than a standard wool pad.

6.5 inch Hybrid Orange Heavy Cutting Pad – This hybrid foam pad provides the level of cut expected from a foam cutting pad, but finishes like a foam finishing pad! It removes most paint imperfections and leaves a finish that is nearly wax ready.

6.5 inch Hybrid Blue Light Cutting Pad – This light cutting pad features super dense construction which enables it to remove defects quickly without compressing, like softer pads can.

6.5 inch Hybrid White Polishing Pad – The white hybrid pad features very dense foam. Use this pad to remove light imperfections, apply a light polish, cleaner wax, and any jobs for which you`d use the standard Lake Country white polishing pad.

6.5 inch Hybrid Black Finishing Pad – This pad provides no mechanical cutting ability but thanks to its dense foam, it provides superior control while polishing. It features super soft foam, which makes it ideal for finishing polishes, waxes, sealants, and glazes.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    The hybrid pads are killer. Try the white with power finish with a flex and you have a great single stage polish. I`m a big fan of all the hybrid pads as they are effective and quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in hearing people`s thoughts on these new pads. As a 3401 user - I currently use CG/B&S pads for the finishing and polishing stages and Surbuf/PFW pads for the heavy polishing and compounding stages. I have a few LC CCS Smart pads, but I hate them with a passion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they would be A LOT more popular if LC made them in 5.5", 6.5" is just too big to effectively correct anything with a D/A. Especially since the Griot`s D/A and new MF cutting pads added a lot of power to the D/A and is pushing the industry away from rotaries where the 6.5" would be much more effective.

Thread Information