Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking to get my first RO polisher. Amazon currently has

Meguiar`s DA polisher

and

Griot`s Garage 6" RO polisher

for ~$150 each. Which would you recommend? What pads should I get to go along with these polisher? I`m looking to do minor paint correction (swirl removal), polishing, and wax/sealant application.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    xradman- Welcome to Autopia!

I`d go with the Griot`s.

For minor correction you could do worse than the Griot`s orange polishing pads; I like those a lot.

For more aggressive work I`d go with either "the other/regular" orange foam cutting pads from Lake Country or, if necessary, the new MicroFiber pads from Meguiar`s or Optimum.

I doubt you`ll need a finishing pad that`s more gentle than the Griot`s unless you`re dealing with *very* soft paint.

The Griot`s red foam waxing pad is nice IMO, but I suppose the *best* waxing/etc. pad is the Gold one from Lake Country. Eh, I just use the Griot`s myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went through this decision myself and decided on the GG6 based on the recommendations from many here not to mention it has the most power and a Lifetime Warranty-I bought the 10` cord version and picked up a 12` heavy extension at HD for $7.00. I decided on Buff and Shine 5.5" pads (with a new 5" backing plate) bkz the velcro is recessed from the edge of the pad (I figure just a little margin for error for a beginner) and you can get 6 for $35 at ADS. I`m sticking with 4-5 each of Orange, Green and Red to keep things simple. Also decided on UNO as a polish again based on the wealth of great info on this forum--and since I`m only taking care of my 2 cars why buy 3 polishes--learning curve should be shorter since i`ll only have to get to know one polish rather than three.

BTW--if your`re not in a hurry Amazon sometimes has the GG6 on sale for $80 -- you just have to check often bkz it is usually for only 4 hours.

Thread Information