Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All, I live in an apt. complex and park under the roof of the sky hence require cordless !.

I have Toyota Highlander.

I am looking to wax and polish my car myself. Could somebody suggest me a good one. I have contacted meguairs after reading some old threads and they do not do that any longer.

FYI: I have read few other threads too which mention about brands like simonize etc, but unable to come to any conclusion.

Please suggest me.

:thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Waxing and polishing are two totally different things. You can purchase a cordless orbital "buffer" (in quotes because it really isn`t a buffer but more like an applicator) to apply waxes and sealents if you choose to go that route, but to do actual polishing you need a real buffer. Cordless just won`t work with a true buffer because to power the motor needed to acheive any real paint correction the batter would need to be the size of a backpack for power output and durability. Even a quick polish on a small enconomy car starts at around 2 hours of working time.

If you really need to find a buffer that works, you would be better off finding a location to plug into and buying some extra long extension cords.

Post Thanks / Like
    After receiving a Ryobi One 18v cordless drill kit for Christmas, I briefly considered buying the angle grinder tool to use as a rotary polisher. However, it doesnt have speed control, so I never did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for waxing and sealant applicant after washing car. I am not looking for paint corrections/ scratch removals etc.,

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay sells a few different 24 volt types. Around 60 dollars or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdt
    After receiving a Ryobi One 18v cordless drill kit for Christmas, I briefly considered buying the angle grinder tool to use as a rotary polisher. However, it doesnt have speed control, so I never did.

do you remember the rpm specs ... the ones I have seen start at 3,000 rpm :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks All,

Finally, I found these three cordless products:

1. Velocity Waxer:

YouTube - Velocity Waxer

YouTube - WashStick - Ionic Clean - Velocity Waxer

2. Fti #565095 MM 18V Cordless Polisher/MASTER MECHANIC 10" 18 VOLT CORDLESS POLISHER 565095

Amazon.com: Fti #565095 MM 18V Cordless Polisher: Home Improvement

MASTER MECHANIC 10" 18 VOLT CORDLESS POLISHER 565095 on eBay!

3. Waxmaster Buffer / Waxer / Polisher 12 V Cordless

Waxmaster Buffer / Waxer / Polisher 12 V Cordless : eBay Motors (item 280428944549 end time Mar-24-10 21:50:18 PDT)

I want to speed up my job and of waxing or sealant for better to best shine and protection after wash. Not for paint correction or removal of swirls etc.etc.,

Please suggest, advice... Very eager to hear from professional like you.

Thank you Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with the craftsman one, it is smaller then 10inch which I would want if I was you, also with the no name cheap brands the batterys never last more then a few min, and only take a charge a few times until the battery is junk. Go with the craftsman which is a LI-ION battery and will last a very long time and has longer run times and more power.
    1985 Z-28 Camaro Black On Black 6speed 11.24 1/4 Mile --- All Guarded By ZAINO

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LICamaro85
    Go with the craftsman one, it is smaller then 10inch which I would want if I was you, also with the no name cheap brands the batterys never last more then a few min, and only take a charge a few times until the battery is junk. Go with the craftsman which is a LI-ION battery and will last a very long time and has longer run times and more power.

What is this craftsman. Please, could you provide a link??

Thanks

Thread Information