Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I am wetsanding my car and debating about using the wool pad or yellow pad with the rotary. If I use the wool pad I am worried that I will have to do a 3 step, and my goal is to tackle this with a 2 step. I am going to use SIP on the rotary, and FPII on the blue pad with the PC. If I use the wool pad will the FPII on the blue pad go over it well?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d definitely go wool with a 3-step if I were you, especially since your alternative is a yellow pad (assuming LC yellow?). You didn`t mention what grit you were sanding with, but I`ve feel better about bringing the paint back to maximum gloss with a 3 step.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sanding with 2,000 grit. Stock soft GM clear coat on my GTO. So should I do wool, then say a coarse green on the PC with m105 followed by FPII on the blue pad? I really didn`t want to do a 3 step, but I guess I should.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could do a 2-step with D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    After sanding with 2K grit, I’d try the following based on some of the products you already mentioned:

-wool/SIP (if something more aggressive is needed, you may try wool/105)

-SIP/green or SIP/white (I really love how SIP/white corrects and finishes on Pontiac clear-it’s a great combo)

-FPII/blue

I’m not at all saying this is correct or the only way to approach this, but it’s where I’d start. Hope this helps, Good luck man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionwc3
    After sanding with 2K grit, I’d try the following based on some of the products you already mentioned:

-wool/SIP (if something more aggressive is needed, you may try wool/105)

-SIP/green or SIP/white (I really love how SIP/white corrects and finishes on Pontiac clear-it’s a great combo)

-FPII/blue

I’m not at all saying this is correct or the only way to approach this, but it’s where I’d start. Hope this helps, Good luck man.

Thanks! From my experience SIP works amazing for me, so I think I`m going to go with the SIP on wool and SIP on green. I love that green pad. Will see what happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on what evolutionwc3 said.

If you`re trying to go for a two step try SIP/orange/rotary at first. If it works, go to grey (or blue)/SIP/PC

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should just go wtih the 3-Step. Since you took the time to wetsand the car you might as well finish it with a 3-Step to make it perfect....If time is an issue and you really want to do the 2 Step then try a test spot on the car and see if you are satisfied, nice GTO by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    A 2 step process can certainly be done by using products such as M105 and M205 along with a wool and LC White polishing foam combination.

The result will not be extremely eye-popping, but the aforementioned combo should suffice in removing the sanding marks as well as the buffer trails caused by the wool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys I did my door tonight, and I came out with using SIP on wool, then SIP on the coarse green pad with the PC on speed 6. It is finishing great! I can`t wait to use FPII.

I tried using m105 on the wool, and on the yellow with the PC. I must be doing something wrong because m105 has less cut for me than SIP, and SIP finishes better IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Glad everything is working out. Keep us posted after the FPII passes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeeGTO

I tried using m105 on the wool, and on the yellow with the PC. I must be doing something wrong because m105 has less cut for me than SIP, and SIP finishes better IMO.

I noticed the exact same phenomenon on my Porsche and BMW, which have ceramiclear. Menzerna`s SIP is extremely effective on cars with ceramic clear coat without having to be overly aggressive like a compound such as M105.

What car are you working on? Perhaps something with Ceramic clear?

Thread Information