Post Thanks / Like
    I have a flex and was wondering if I need to get a rotery to achieve that ultimate gloss or can it be done with a flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraduntov
    I have a flex and was wondering if I need to get a rotery to achieve that ultimate gloss or can it be done with a flex 3401

I`d say yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some rotary-Meister is gonna say "!NO!" but IMO you`re *never* gonna have a real-world situation where the finish from the Flex won`t be good enough.

I`m awfully particular, and I don`t finish out via rotary, and I don`t think I need to change anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO it´s impossible to say "this car have been polished with a DA". But, I believe that I get more gloss with a rotary. And it´s more fun and easier to polish with a rotary compared to a DA.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s no doubt in my mind that the DA could produce a high gloss finish that parallels that produced by the rotary.

When working with products such as Ultrafina and PO85RD, with the rotary I could break down the product very quickly and with very little pressure. This is due largely to the rotary action.

With the DA, I using a product like PO85RD, it takes longer to for the product to break down (from haze to clear). I also have to put more pressure onto the machine to keep the pad stable and to adequately work the product in. The added pressure required to operate the DA MAY be that little factor that reduces gloss. It may be, but not certanily. The added pressure demanded to operate the DA may also deplete the polishing oil sooner than the abrasives have completely broken down.

My observation is from that when I work the SIP into the paint using the DA and a white polishing pad. While the product goes completely clear on the paint, the pad is still somewhat "gritty" to the touch. This doesn`t seem to be the case, or not as severely, when I work with SIP using the rotary. Perhaps spraying some water onto the pad to continue buffing may resolve this problem.

Thread Information