Thread: Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a DeWalt orbital buffer and I was looking to by a complete kit of compounds, waxes, and polishes with buffer pads. What kit do you guys suggest? Im not even sure what pads to buy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    There probably aren`t a lot of responses because this is a pretty broad question. Most of my rotary endeavors have included Optimum Compound, Menzerna SIP, Menzerna 106ff Nano, orange low profile 6" pads, white LC CCS Pads, and Blue LC CCS Pads. I will say that I just tried the LC Purple Foamed Wool and it is a lot more controllable than the orange foam pads. I also like the edge white finishing wool. If I were to place an order right now, I would replace all of my LC foam with edge. The edge system makes centering the pad an afterthought.

Post Thanks / Like
    They name all these sizes of pads but I dont know which ones fit my buffer/rotary. I got the Dewalt from my old job with a bunch of pads so this will be the first time I actaully purchased stuff for it. The problem being that I used all my old jobs waxers/polishes/compounds and I dont know anything about other kinds besides what we used which were GS-1, XP and things of that sort. I know this is a very broad question but I appreciate any response.

I see all these kits in the Detailing Supplies area and I was just curious as to what people suggest for what I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a dewalt 849 and went with the edge system like said above centering the pad is now a afterthought. I have the edge blue wool,green foam,yellow foam, and blue foam. Also have a regualr backing plate 6 or 6.5 for my PWF .Then again i also have a PC, and Flex to use too.polish is a another story in itself mez ip,106,fpll and well you can go on and on .
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I guess I will just have to do some researching. I juts need to get some supplies before the 22nd b/c I have a blue IS300 that needs buffing. What are peoples thoughts on 3M products....I can get those locally.

Thread Information